Will Maymon be 100%?

Stoked

I keep hearing people say that he is still limping around campus and that he may not even be 100% next year. Is this true?

I just have this strange feeling that we won't get Hubbs, Stokes, McRae, Maymon, and Golden together. If we do the possibilities are endless.

I just have this strange feeling that we won't get Hubbs, Stokes, McRae, Maymon, and Golden together. If we do the possibilities are endless.
Exact same thought I've had. It just never seems to work out for us like that. Lofton gets cancer. Tyler Smith gets kicked off the team. Tobias leaves early.

Just so many "what-if" scenarios with this team over the past few years.

Exact same thought I've had. It just never seems to work out for us like that. Lofton gets cancer. Tyler Smith gets kicked off the team. Tobias leaves early.

:thumbsup:

We are due a break right?

We are due a break right?

Lol no. part of being a Tennessee fan is being able to endure all. If something bad is going to happen, it's going to happen to us. That's just how it is around here. I call it the Fulmer curse but you can call it whatever you like.

can we atleast wait til maybe august before we start talking next year. we have some great recruits and coach will do what he can with that

Who knows???

It seemed like when the announced he was gonna redshirt that they said he would start practicing soon, that still hasn't happened though.

Supposedly he's no longer limping or needing crutches to walk around so that's good....I'll breathe a sigh of relief when I hear he's running with the team and what not.

Golden would struggle to get the rest of the team the ball if this lineup did start a game.

Golden would struggle to get the rest of the team the ball if this lineup did start a game.

Golden, McRae, and Richardson all have shown that none have the ability to get the ball to our post players. I'm not going to think that Hubbs will be the answer to being able to feed the post coming in as a Freshman and playing post in Highschool. I'm hoping that Maymon and Stokes can step outside and draw one of the bigs with them and isolate the other without a double team down low in the post. Maybe they will be able to feed each other.

Who knows???

It seemed like when the announced he was gonna redshirt that they said he would start practicing soon, that still hasn't happened though.

Supposedly he's no longer limping or needing crutches to walk around so that's good....I'll breathe a sigh of relief when I hear he's running with the team and what not.

Even then we still have to worry about swelling and his ability to trust his knee after a year of it.

In football, we have the same problem too. Guy shows ANY sign of pro potential and he leaves early without winning ANY titles for Tennessee. We've had injury problems too. Together, they are hard to overcome. And we end up "waiting 'til next year". At some point someone is going to do something to change that.

Did Maymon have surgery on his knee? What exactly was/is the problem?

Here is the entire story according to the facts. Any additional details you hear are PURELY conjecture.

1. Maymon had knee surgery in the offseason
2. He redshirted the 2013 season.

Even then we still have to worry about swelling and his ability to trust his knee after a year of it.

I would add the ability to cut and get off the floor. Think it just has been too long since the surgery to not have heard any progress. And though he is not a fat guy, he does carry a lot of weight. The stress on the the knee is a lot more severe for bigger guys.

Best of luck to Maymon. But the history has not been kind to big men becoming the players they were before the knee surgery.

VN Store

Back