Decline NIT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaun1985

even a possibility? Traveling to play a sucky team in a tournament that doesn't matter. I've heard Arkansas, the Ville and Georgetown has. I'm sure more has but I haven't really researched it. Would be awesome if Tennessee did. Would anyone be upset if Tennessee did?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 3 people
Stupid post is stupid post. I don't know of a single team that has ever declined the NIT other than for "punishment" reasons for the program. Let's don't go and win a tourny because we are crying in our grits........

Reactions: 6 people
No. You get what you earn. Team already just played a game with it all on the line and got outhustled and was beaten in the effort column. Don't show them the next step is to quit when given an opportunity to play again.

Reactions: 3 people
even a possibility? Traveling to play a sucky team in a tournament that doesn't matter. I've heard Arkansas, the Ville and Georgetown has. I'm sure more has but I haven't really researched it. Would be awesome if Tennessee did. Would anyone be upset if Tennessee did?

They won't forgo the seniors an opportunity to play at TBA again

Why spend money? You tbink tbey would be motivated, weren't against bama.... give the money to the women's team

No way should Tennessee turn down the opportunity to grow as competitors, not to mention all the extra practice. Would be terrible imo.

I'm not on the board very often, but I recall appreciating your posts more often than not. Maybe you're just really upset? Need some cool-down time? I'm not trying to be a jerk here.

oh im sorry maybe i should tone it down. I would seriously hate mods to have a rage stroke because i said something

what i mean to say is.....kind sir...i never said anything about having my feelings hurt. I said UT did not deserve to go dancing. I was asking a question...you can answer or go away........sir. Have a wonderful night and you didn't hurt my "widdle feelins"

No. You get what you earn. Team already just played a game with it all on the line and got outhustled and was beaten in the effort column. Don't show them the next step is to quit when given an opportunity to play again.

The other line of reasoning is that you don't allow quitters to keep playing.

I don't think they quit, I think Cuonzo was dealt a bad hand with mental midget Trae and compounded it by not signing a pg.

Georgetown caught crap for declining a bid and ended up going to the NIT the following year lol. The luck...

I think it would be a bush league move to decline the invite. "We were mediocre this year and we didn't get in so we don't want to play all."

Doesn't look good.

lol the only thing is Tennessee will likely be a high seed playing a lower seed on the road. Would be hard to get up for a game like that.

lol the only thing is Tennessee will likely be a high seed playing a lower seed on the road. Would be hard to get up for a game like that.
And isn't that exactly where Martin needs to improve?

They will be playing in TBA on Tuesday or Wednesday.

And isn't that exactly where Martin needs to improve?

indeed. Also, a couple of close games without a wtf moment or shot that clearly was not drawn up. I don't get up for the nit i was just wondering what the boards opinion was about possible declining it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back