I wish that CCM would loosen up

Plateauvol

He always seems very tight, especially at the end of games and as a result, his team also seems to tighten up. I believe they would play better if they would'nt always seem to be so tight. The few times when they were loose and running up and down the court they looked good. Maybe that's why we liked Pearl so much, because his teams usually seemed to play loose (sometimes though too loose).

All I can say is.............. B to the 3.

Bring Back Bruce!

Just kidding, or am I?

He always seems very tight, especially at the end of games and as a result, his team also seems to tighten up. I believe they would play better if they would'nt always seem to be so tight. The few times when they were loose and running up and down the court they looked good. Maybe that's why we liked Pearl so much, because his teams usually seemed to play loose (sometimes though too loose).

I mean, he does kinda lack personality, but obviously a coach should be judged on his team's performance and not his or her demeanor. We're all hurting right now, so there's gonna be a little ccm hate, but hopefully not too much. I still think it's too early to make a final judgement call on him. If we don't make the tourney next year, I will have my doubts

So should Phil Jackson. Way too calm IMO. Doesn't seem to care.

That really bothered me when I was watching my Lakers win 5 championships with him at the helm.

Tell me you are not comparing Martin to Jackson? This just shows how wrong you are.Thanks for playing.

I mean, he does kinda lack personality, but obviously a coach should be judged on his team's performance and not his or her demeanor. We're all hurting right now, so there's gonna be a little ccm hate, but hopefully not too much. I still think it's too early to make a final judgement call on him. If we don't make the tourney next year, I will have my doubts

Agreed, next year we should make the tourney, barring injury of course.

I wish CCM would be more like Bruce and lie to the NCAA. I wish he would just let his players do whatever they want and not be disciplined. I wish CCM would have more players get kicked off the team because they couldn't pass a drug test. I wish CCM would recruit more bust like tanning bed. Guys get over Pearl, yes he had some good runs, but his style of offense and defense was laughable. People forgot about his controlled chaos, wait until 10 seconds left on the shot clock and then jack a 3 up. Lets not forget that Maymon and McRae were awful under Pearl and Martin developed them into All SEC players.

Reactions: 1 person
I wish CCM would be more like Bruce and lie to the NCAA. I wish he would just let his players do whatever they want and not be disciplined. I wish CCM would have more players get kicked off the team because they couldn't pass a drug test. I wish CCM would recruit more bust like tanning bed. Guys get over Pearl, yes he had some good runs, but his style of offense and defense was laughable. People forgot about his controlled chaos, wait until 10 seconds left on the shot clock and then jack a 3 up. Lets not forget that Maymon and McRae were awful under Pearl and Martin developed them into All SEC players.

Not a CCM hater, he needs more time, but Bruce was a hell of a coach. You're point is lacking. 6 years, 6 tournament bids. 2 Sweet Sixteens and an Elite Eight. Pearl>CCM for now.

Tell me you are not comparing Martin to Jackson? This just shows how wrong you are.Thanks for playing.

You are utterly clueless. Seriously. Can you not pick up on anything ever?

Let me spell it out for you:

You are complaining that Coach Martin is too calm and doesn't show enough fire.

Phil Jackson was very calm and rarely showed fire.

Phil Jackson is one of the best basketball coaches of all time.

THEREFORE, staying calm and composed CAN work in basketball.

THEREFORE, you need to stop complaining about this particular aspect of Martin's coaching. There are many things to complain about, but that's not one of them.

+1 , and then some.

Not a CCM hater, he needs more time, but Bruce was a hell of a coach. You're point is lacking. 6 years, 6 tournament bids. 2 Sweet Sixteens and an Elite Eight. Pearl>CCM for now.

This.

It doesn't have to be one or the other. Just because I support Martin doesn't mean I deny what Pearl did.

Stoked4Zo, while it's nice to have people around here who support the current coach, you discounted Pearl's accomplishments far too easily IMO.

This.

It doesn't have to be one or the other. Just because I support Martin doesn't mean I deny what Pearl did.

Stoked4Zo, while it's nice to have people around here who support the current coach, you discounted Pearl's accomplishments far too easily IMO.

I appreciate his accomplishments. But he was declining as a coach and you and everyone knows that. His recruiting was getting horrible and his offense was doing the same.

I appreciate his accomplishments. But he was declining as a coach and you and everyone knows that. His recruiting was getting horrible and his offense was doing the same.

You won't hear any argument from me on that point.

Well put.

The year before he was fired he made the elite 8 and was oh so close to the final four. His last year was completely enveloped by the NCAA cloud.

You are utterly clueless. Seriously. Can you not pick up on anything ever?

Let me spell it out for you:

You are complaining that Coach Martin is too calm and doesn't show enough fire.

Phil Jackson was very calm and rarely showed fire.

Phil Jackson is one of the best basketball coaches of all time.

THEREFORE, staying calm and composed CAN work in basketball.

THEREFORE, you need to stop complaining about this particular aspect of Martin's coaching. There are many things to complain about, but that's not one of them.

LET ME MAKE THIS CLEAR FOR the SPECIAL PEOPLE LIKE YOU

It worked for Phil Jackson but DOES NOT work for CCM. The proof is is in the results.

VN Store

Back