SEC rep keeps TN out?

Neyland Law Vol

Only 3 teams from the SEC get in? I know the conference wasn't great, but it's not that bad. Look at all the directional schools in the NCAA - it looks like a division II tourney. Ole Miss with 26 wins, wins the conference tourney and is only a 12 seed?

Clearly Boise State, Lasalle and Middle TN play such tougher schedules and tougher conferences in the Committees eyes that TN doesn't belong.

The SEC should have had at least 4 teams in.

Do you agree that the SEC is better than what the committee gave them?

Reactions: 2 people
heck mtsu, belmont, and memphis are in the dance, just to think if vandy had lucked up and won the tourney, it would have been really bad in here

we are going to the nit get over it, lets get behind the guys and win the thing

lol really? You are clueless man. Have you seen ole miss sos? It's horrible. Not to mention, they tanked the last part of their season. Mizzou was horrible on the road and Florida went M.I.A a lot. If Ole Miss didn't win the tournament, those two are the only ones that deserved to go dancing. It's not some weird conspiracy plotted against the SEC...they are that horrible
Posted via VolNation Mobile

SEC was ranked 8th this season. Got about what they deserved.

Ranked by who? The people who adore directional School University?

Those small crappy schools beat each other and they are called great wins, SEC teams beat eachother and it doesn't matter because the SEC sucks.

Reactions: 4 people
Ranked by who? The people who adore directional School University?

Those small crappy schools beat each other and they are called great wins, SEC teams beat eachother and it doesn't matter because the SEC sucks.

Teams are given an rpi ranking based on preconference results.
You know that.
We were #8.
MW was #1 and got 5 in.
A10 was #7 and got 5 in.

I waswitching back and forth between the Fl/Ole Miss game and the Miami/NC game. To me, the ACC teams looked much better. Better shooting, less wild passes, etc. still it was only 1 game.

Didn't 20 wins by an SEC team used to get you into the tourney?

The power brokers love the small directional schools and lean toward them. This is why I hope there is never a playoff in Football. You'll have Southern Miss, Memphis, Children of the Blind make it in and a bunch of real teams that people actually care about will be left out.

I don't mean any disrespect to VN - i understand the RPI and all that, but I think the SEC got screwed because everyone is tired of the SEC dominating in Football they wanted to get a little pay back! (ok maybe not but Im pissed and it feels better to blame it on someone else!)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
2 years ago Bama won the SEC West at 12-4 and 21-11 overall and went to the NIT.

It happens.

2 years ago Bama won the SEC West at 12-4 and 21-11 overall and went to the NIT.

It happens.

That was BS also. If they were Alabama state tech and in some directional school conference bet the committee would have put them in. Lasalle, Boise, Middle Really?

Reactions: 1 person
Only 3 teams from the SEC get in? I know the conference wasn't great, but it's not that bad. Look at all the directional schools in the NCAA - it looks like a division II tourney. Ole Miss with 26 wins, wins the conference tourney and is only a 12 seed?

Clearly Boise State, Lasalle and Middle TN play such tougher schedules and tougher conferences in the Committees eyes that TN doesn't belong.

The SEC should have had at least 4 teams in.

Do you agree that the SEC is better than what the committee gave them?

Middle beat Ole Miss. Somthing UT could not do.

This is what is going to happen to football. The selection committee threw the baby out with the bathwater this year. They made an effort to spread the $$ pie out across all the conferences first and foremost. They looked for reasons to keep deserving teams OUT instead of making a good tournament. The worst of the "snubs" could take MTSU, LaSalle, etc. to the woodshed. No reason for what was done except spreading the wealth.....maybe Barry was on the committee this year.

UT was not 100 percent.

:good!:How quickly we forget Maymon. If the team keeps working hard they will be pretty good next year. If not then its time to find a new coach.

This is what is going to happen to football. The selection committee threw the baby out with the bathwater this year. They made an effort to spread the $$ pie out across all the conferences first and foremost. They looked for reasons to keep deserving teams OUT instead of making a good tournament. The worst of the "snubs" could take MTSU, LaSalle, etc. to the woodshed. No reason for what was done except spreading the wealth.....maybe Barry was on the committee this year.

:good!:

THIS! Great post. Exactly. The Committee has been favoring these "non power conference" schools the last several years. They show the graph during the selection show showing a strong increase in the number of directional Tech schools getting in over power conference schools the last several years. Who wants to watch this crap?

Lets just see how our SEC reps do in the tourney.. We always get pooed on by the analyst not paid by the SEC and some guys on here follow suit.. We have as a conference done OK (UK and UF final fours and N C's) even UT has made sweet 16 and final 8; in my opinion better than most projected. It's not the Big East or probably Big 10(or11or12 you call it whatever) but we may be guilty by association.

UT was hurt some in conf S O S because of Aub, So Car, Ms St, Tx A&M, UGa. Some of our conf teams out of conf. loses hurt too. I think that is where our League got killed perception wise with RPI 100+ and RPI 200+ loses.

St Mary's sure is guilty by association with losing to Gonzaga 3x's. I could make an argument against some MTN West & Atl 10 teams too. Not that they don't have some good teams there, but could all 10 teams put up a 11-7 record in the SEC? Sure its hypothetical; but just my opinion.

Last edited:
I am convinced and no one will change my mind that if we had scheduled two directional schools instead of Virginia and Memphis, we are in. Sad state of affairs.

I know that we are talking about the 65-68 ranked teams, but the problem with all of this is the committee is never consistent from year to year. You think Coach Martin gets in this year when he had a 30 RPI at MSU? Damn right he would. Man can't get a break.

VN Store

Back