Why we missed...

Stoked

•struggled on the road.
•ole miss sweep.
•no huge wins during our late season run.
•ESPN/CBS/Everyone hates us.

Per Mike Bobinski (chair NCAA div I men's basketball committee)

Before the season started, Martin said our offense was watered down last season and simplified to a great deal. This season looked no better IMO. I thought Martin was horrible in tight situations at the end of games. He really has to step it up before I believe in him. He's had plenty of time and piss on losing Maymon being the excuse.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 1 person
•struggled on the road.
•ole miss sweep.
•no huge wins during our late season run.
•ESPN/CBS/Everyone hates us.

Per Mike Bobinski (chair NCAA div I men's basketball committee)

Ole piss won the SEC. Can't be that bad
We beat FL during our run, who was ranked in the top 10
I agree with the road wins though.

Good lord. Bruce is not coming back. Please give it up. Counzo is going to have to make the tourney soon, agreed. But for the love of God give up this Pearl is coming back thing.

Reactions: 5 people
i think all we had to do was beat bama, it hurt that we lost 2 to miss, but with them winning the tourney that had to help, the committee said they were in win or lose in the finals.

it was the lost to bama which made 2 to them that really hurt, we were on the bubble and needed to win that game, if we win i think we get in but who knows

We were 1 of 3 teams, including Georgetown and Louisville, to be 8 of 9 in their last games in the season before conference tournaments.

Yes and that one loss was to UGA. And UK and Mizzou weren't power teams when we played them. Losing to UGA was more impactful then beating FL in our late season run.

Need the Bama game. Can't really complain about not getting into the NCAAT. Needed to win one of the road/neutral non-conference games to hang our hat on (Georgetown, Virginia, Oklahoma State). Also, losing to UGA twice hurt. I was at least glad the reason we were left out wasn't because we didn't play anyone nonconference. Clearly, winning on the road needs to happen next year.

To me, from what i've seen so far C. Martins's team is lazier than B. Pearl's teams were.

I don't know if it is laziness or confusion. The fact that we held Georgetown to 37 points and LOST tells me that Martin doesn't exactly know what he's doing. We are absolutely clueless when it comes to closing games when it matters.

How about 2 freethrows short of beating a Georgetown team that ended up with a 2 seed away from home? That small difference might have gotten the Vols in.

I don't know if it is laziness or confusion. The fact that we held Georgetown to 37 points and LOST tells me that Martin doesn't exactly know what he's doing. We are absolutely clueless when it comes to closing games when it matters.
As proven in our last 12 games right?

He should've just said needed to beat Bama, they lost a must win game...would've been a better answer

Maybe our coach should have told the team we needed to beat Bama, ( and had them ready to play, instead of giving a half ass effort), instead of telling them we didn't have to have that game.

VN Store

Back