So basically...

We need to play Austin Pea Every non-conference game. No need to play a tough schedule if you aren't rewarded for it. I think if we played a weaker non-conference schedule we got in.

Reactions: 1 person
Clay Travis: Committee chair says Tennessee didn't beat anybody down the stretch. Uh, Florida, Mizzou and UK by 30.

Scott Van Pelt: In review: play tough teams (doesn't matter if you win). Win on the road (against nobody in top100) Get a bid that is cheered. Got it

Yup. My thoughts exactly.

Reactions: 2 people
We played some real stinker games this year. Some of them we even won. I would love to be in the NCAA, but can't really say that we deserved it.

Going forward we should schedule garbage teams on the road. Obviously the most important thing.

I can't complain too much that we didn't make it. Truly. It's our own fault.

My problem is the reasoning the chairman just gave. Quality road wins? What quality road wins?

We didn't beat anyone significant during our good stretch? What is Florida then?

MTSU's high computer numbers are because of the value of road wins. I said that on VN earlier this week.

Reactions: 2 people
What we really need is a new coach. Teams take on the personality of the coach and this team did just that. If I didn't know better I would say Martin is asleep during games. I am just sick of mediocrity. Look what spirit and change Jones has brought to our football program and look at the lethargy of our BB team. Martin is 100% to blame. We should be contending for championships not the NIT!

I have to admit I thought the same thing, more wins from an easier schedule is worth more than tough out of conference scheduling. In the end we didn't earn it. A team runs the same play over and over and the coaching staff didn't know how to adjust our defense to it. We lost to less talented teams and our offense looked like crap on tv most of the time.

We played some real stinker games this year. Some of them we even won. I would love to be in the NCAA, but can't really say that we deserved it.

I agree 100%! Bottom line, we have nobody to blame but ourselves. All the early loses killed us. The truth is we had the talent to make it but, as much as I hate to say it, we did not have the mental toughness for the entire season. What bothers me about this team is the fact we PROVED we had the ability when we went on the end of season run! Why didn't we play like that earlier? Coach Martin needs to find an answer to that question!!!! Just like last year!!'

Just need to be some directional state tech school and the committee will love you. If you are from the SEC no luck.

What we really need is a new coach. Teams take on the personality of the coach and this team did just that. If I didn't know better I would say Martin is asleep during games. I am just sick of mediocrity. Look what spirit and change Jones has brought to our football program and look at the lethargy of our BB team. Martin is 100% to blame. We should be contending for championships not the NIT!

1) CBJ hasn't won a football game yet. I like what he has going on, but all this fluff and hype leaves if he doesn't win.

2) it's not 100% Cuonzo's fault we're not in. It's not his fault his best player decided to not show up for the conference tourney. In fact his 3 best players didn't show up against Bama.

VN Store

Back