Neither Tennessee or Kentucky in NCAA!!!

goldvol

VolNation's Lesser Poobah
I'm disappointed but not completely surprised. it's really on us (and kentucky) for not proving that we belong. thoughts?

also, in your opinion, is cuonzo fired if they don't make the tourney next year? I mean with the talent level he will have, if no one gets hurt, it will be a must for me for them to make the tourney.

Reactions: 1 person
Justified. Both had their chance in the SECT and blew it.

It would be an epic disaster if we don't make it next year. Yes, Martin's seat will be burning hot off we miss again. IMO, he would be canned.

Yes Martin is done if the does not make it next year. Here is the fact 6 straight NCAA tournament bids, Martin comes and 0-2...0-3 gets you canned. I saw Pearl was smiling a little more, because deep down he knows he could be back...and yes I hope it does.

Reactions: 3 people
Martin should be fired if we don't dance next year. We didn't deserve to go dancing and I expected missing the tournament after the Georgia loss. I didn't see us getting in unless we made it to at least the championship game and constantly got flamed for being a negavol. Forget the hype and all that junk. It's time for Martin to put up or shut up. If he don't go dancing next year, he should be fired.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Wonder if the coach and players feel like they could go back to Friday and play with more enthusiam and intensity.
Sometimes you only have 1 chance left. At least leave it all on the floor. Can't believe we have fans that think we did.

If Maymon is healthy all season, we make it this year. Add him and Hubbs next year, yup.

that's kind of the point. i mean we had mcrae and stokes this year and didnt make it. im not bashing cuonzo; he's a good coach. but pearl would have competed for the SEC regular season with this squad. Bash me if you want; i know florida is loaded with tallent.

Reactions: 3 people
Putrid losses against Georgia and Alabama.

The most frustrating thing about being a Vols basketball fan is watching this team play their hearts out against Kentucky, Vanderbilt, and Florida and then getting embarrassed by mediocre teams like Georgia and Alabama. It's been like this for years, and it's infuriating as a fan.

I'm disappointed but not completely surprised. it's really on us (and kentucky) for not proving that we belong. thoughts?

also, in your opinion, is cuonzo fired if they don't make the tourney next year? I mean with the talent level he will have, if no one gets hurt, it will be a must for me for them to make the tourney.

(1) We make "big dance".
(2) Zo won't be fired.
GO VOLS!

If Stokes is back. We get Maymon back and some good talent comming in, so we better make a big run next year.

CCM has next year to prove he can earn his check.....he needs to shut up and learn how to coach better. lets hope he can bring in talent that can help, and sit golden down

I like Cuonzo.....even better than Pearl. and I like Pearl so that's saying something. But yeah, he has to get in next year.

Forget just making the NCAA tourney next year. If there are no injuries, with all the talent he will have, anything worse than a 4 seed, and an elite 8 appearance, and Martin should get his walking papers.

IMO not only should they be expected to make the tournament, but with a decent seed and make a good run (sweet sixteen?) next year

VN Store

Back