Jimmy Dykes has us in.....

That was posted early in the 2nd half when UF was still ahead.

Yeah, I took that picture before the game was over.......ha, yeah ole miss is now in.....

I hope he be right.

I just have a gut feeling we are out. I think we belong over Boise and MTSU, but I just keep thinking of 2003 and this seems so much like that. We got some bounces go our way (UGA getting in trouble and us getting a bye) and lost to Bama that year too. Our coach and players thought they were in before SEC tourney then too. It all just reminds me of that and I also think the committee loves havng the mid majors in due to the success teams like N Iowa, Butler, George Mason, etc have had

The team that we should bump is La Salle. Why the love fest? They lose to CCSU (wow), lose to both Xavier and UMass who the Vols beat, and other than beating Nova in OT (so what?) and beating VCU on the road I can't figure out anything to boost them over Vols. The Butler win isn't that big (not to mention they lost to the lower seeded Butler in their first conf tournament game), and I would think the Committee would reward our more difficult schedule along with the fact that we have many more quality wins than they do.

Hope I am right in the end, because I believe the Vols by virtue of their performance down the stretch merit a berth in the Tournament. Regardless, they gave us all quite a fun ride these last few weeks!

Go Vols!

Or, maybe he is aware that the SEC has won 6 of the last 19 NCAA championships...and the selection committee continually snubs the conference in favor of the Big East and others.

That stat says nothing about the strength of the conference bubble teams. The SEC is not a good basketball conference this year.

VN Store

Back