Palm's Last Bracket has us in (and not even the last team in)

Volstylexx

Reactions: 4 people
Looks like he thinks MTSU is completely out of the picture.

as they should be. 19 games we played against RPI top 100, correct me if i'm wrong someone, but didn't they only play like 4 top RPI 100 teams all year, and 20+ games against teams above RPI 100?

MTSU, LaSalle and UT fighting over two spots. Pretty good odds, depending your perspective.

Thats how I feel, those 3 for 2 spots.

The discrepancy of bracketologists view on MTSU is what I find interesting...some think a lock and some have them way out.

The discrepancy of bracketologists view on MTSU is what I find interesting...some think a lock and some have them way out.

I found it interesting in watching the end of the Syracuse and UL game that the "Espn experts" think UL should be the #1 overall seed "bc of who they've played this season." Shouldn't that mentality be true of all the teams then? If so, there should be no question UT gets in ahead of MTSU bc of who we've played.

MTSU is in I bet. After the dust settles today, they're 29 in the RPI. Staying under 30 is important.

Only Mo State, Air Force and Hofstra have been denied at-large's with RPI's of 30 or less in the last 15 or so years, out of about 17 non-big 6, non-AQ teams. There have been no sub-30 teams left out since the expansion to 68 teams. No teams with 28 wins have been left out.

I think MTSU gets in tomorrow, only to bomb out in their first game.

Will be surprised if the Vols make it in! See them as an NIT. Bama may get an NIT along with Kentucky.

MTSU is in I bet. After the dust settles today, they're 29 in the RPI. Staying under 30 is important.

Only Mo State, Air Force and Hofstra have been denied at-large's with RPI's of 30 or less in the last 15 or so years, out of about 17 non-big 6, non-AQ teams. There have been no sub-30 teams left out since the expansion to 68 teams. No teams with 28 wins have been left out.

I think MTSU gets in tomorrow, only to bomb out in their first game.

First for everything, we'll see, I really don't know. It'll simply depend what the committe decides to put weight on this year.

If they get into the dance that is great, however, if they get pushed down to the NIT they need to finish strong. It will drive me nuts if they get put out in the first or 2nd round.

Is it impossible for them to take five SEC teams? Ole Miss, Bama, TN, MO, and UF. Leave UK out.

I'm having flash backs of last season. Theirs always that one guy out there that puts us in and people post his stuff on here for reassurance. It happened last year with that guy who "had never been wrong" and by the end of the day we were all say WTF as we punched out ticket to the NIT. Who is the Palm fella? Never heard of him.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm having flash backs of last season. Theirs always that one guy out there that puts us in and people post his stuff on here for reassurance. It happened last year with that guy who "had never been wrong" and by the end of the day we were all say WTF as we punched out ticket to the NIT. Who is the Palm fella? Never heard of him.

Here's the difference...on selection Sunday last year we appeared in 1 bracket of about 80 on the bracket matrix, just so happened to be the guy who had been most accurate. This year we are in over 30 and we are RIGHT behind MTSU for last team in according to the matrix. Last year the know all Lunardi had us nowhere to be found, today we are his first team out. We are absolutely no doubt about it a legitimate bubble team, last year it was more like hanging onto hope by a thread...say like USM is this year?

Now I'm not promising we will get picked, but I feel like we've got a pretty good chance.

VN Store

Back