CCM's Tweet

SJAVol32

RT @CuonzoMartin: We've won 9 of 10 and beaten 5 Top-100 teams in that stretch. But we're still HUNGRY! Gotta keep fighting!

Lets finish the job!!

Reactions: 10 people
Hopefully it will go to 10 of 11 tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

I hope CCM gets this team ready and fired up because I'm ready to make the NCAA tourney so all the Pearl fans will STFU and move on to better things aka CCM!!!

Reactions: 4 people
A win tomorrow would likely get rid of the "bubble" talk. Since UT and Bama are both considered bubble teams, I'd say the winner is in. Heard lots of people say conference tourney games don't usually factor into the selection commitee's choices, but I'd think tomorrow's game would be an exception to that rule.

of all the reasons, that is the one you choose? grow up

It's a good reason. Some of us are tired of hearing from "fans" that actually believe there's a chance UT would rehire Pearl should CCM fail. Pearl is gone. He's not coming back. Universities do not rehire coaches that bring the NCAA down upon them. Especially coaches who have served show cause penalties. Google how successful coaches who have served show cause penalties have been. They haven't.

Reactions: 8 people
A win tomorrow would likely get rid of the "bubble" talk. Since UT and Bama are both considered bubble teams, I'd say the winner is in. Heard lots of people say conference tourney games don't usually factor into the selection commitee's choices, but I'd think tomorrow's game would be an exception to that rule.

Cal just lost to a horrible team. They should drop out imo. I compared their resume with UT's and UT wins. ESPN had Cal as a #9 seed. Surely they go to bubble now.

of all the reasons, that is the one you choose? grow up

I will say that it is not in my daily discussion with other UT fans, but it certainly is popular for some around here. So, he kind of has a point. For some reason, some people want to automatically compare Martin to Pearl. Kind of silly.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't think it was a tweet for the fans. He is just trying to remind the selection committee one more time they need to be in the tourney.

Reactions: 1 person

bama has terrible losses to mercer, tulane, auburn, and only good win is against UK and UT...they have a lot of work to do

I don't think it was a tweet for the fans. He is just trying to remind the selection committee one more time they need to be in the tourney.

So thats what the selection committee looks at when making their selections. Wow, who knew? :)

UtSports put out a tweet, Georgetown,Louisville and Tennessee are the only 3 in major college basketball to win 9 of their last 10.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
So ridiculous that we are having this conversation right now. UT should be in no questions asked. If the committee is basing the resume off a loss to Ga. in an unbelievable stretch, then ky has no business being mentioned for the tourney either.

So ridiculous that we are having this conversation right now. UT should be in no questions asked. If the committee is basing the resume off a loss to Ga. in an unbelievable stretch, then ky has no business being mentioned for the tourney either.

Eh...that's the problem with starting slow. You have to work your way in. Pearl's last team had only 19 wins and went down in flames in the second half of the season, but got comfortably in the tournament because our resume was basically complete before conference play.

Two more regular season wins would've had us in easy without all this bubble talk.

I find it curious that the people who want the "Pearl lovers" to shut up, are often the first ones to bring his name into a conversation that has nothing to do with him. As in this thread for example.

UtSports put out a tweet, Georgetown,Louisville and Tennessee are the only 3 in major college basketball to win 9 of their last 10.

Louisville has looked REAL good lately. They completely dismantled Nova last night with little effort. They need to clean up the TOs and a few small things, but they are peaking right now.

No need to try & figure out what the committee looks at or feels is important. They're probably the same people that dish out NCAA punishment. There is no rhyme or reason to it. Remember last year Univ of Washington won the PAC 10 reg season champ & didn't go!!! We beat bummer today---we are in. Lose & we sweat on Sunday..

VN Store

Back