Midnight Bubble Game

VolnJC

From Lunardi's prediction, it looks like San Diego St. is safely in and Boise St is one of the last four in.

Guess I'll be up at midnight cheering on the Aztecs!

I heard on XM today that the Mountain West could get up to 5 teams in the tourney.. New Mexico, UNLV, Colorado State, San Diego St, and Boise St.

Mountain West conference men and women's brackets
Mountain West Men and Womens Printable Tournament Brackets

From Lunardi's prediction, it looks like San Diego St. is safely in and Boise St is one of the last four in.

Guess I'll be up at midnight cheering on the Aztecs!

I heard on XM today that the Mountain West could get up to 5 teams in the tourney.. New Mexico, UNLV, Colorado State, San Diego St, and Boise St.

Mountain West conference men and women's brackets
Mountain West Men and Womens Printable Tournament Brackets
I'm not certain if a loss to a quality team like SDSU would put Boise out, but I'll be pulling for that anyway.

We need Boise to lose to at least leave the door open to us passing them.
I don't think 5/9 of the Mountain West Conference should get in, but it is what it is. Computers love the MWC this year, because it's not watered down at the bottom. In a normal year, Boise going 9-7 in the MWC would not have them where they are right now.

We need Boise to lose to at least leave the door open to us passing them.
I don't think 5/9 of the Mountain West Conference should get in, but it is what it is. Computers love the MWC this year, because it's not watered down at the bottom. In a normal year, Boise going 9-7 in the MWC would not have them where they are right now.

The irony is that in the past when the NCAA took fewer teams the magic numbers were 20 wins, over 500 in conference, and a decent SOS..the Vols will have all of that with a win tomorrow and still may not get in. What has changed? one and dones vs senior heavy mid-majors or scholy reductions evening the playing field with BCS and smaller conference teams?

One reason 20 wins does not mean what it used to is that we're all playing a few more games than we were not too long ago.

Lunardi tweeted if Boise loses he's booting them & replacing them with Tennessee. Not that he is the final say so but I hope someone listens. Now if San Diego St could quit blowing it.

SDSU just does some mind numbingly stupid things. No wonder we beat them in the tourney a few years ago. They play stupid which gets your ass beat in March.

Whoever turns the ball over the least might just win. They both are flat out careless with the ball.

Joe Lunardi (@ESPNLunardi)
3/13/13, 11:54 PM
Random thought No. 2: If Boise St loses the late game to San Diego St, I'm dropping the Broncos and inserting Tennessee as final at-large.

Joe Lunardi (@ESPNLunardi)
3/13/13, 11:54 PM
Random thought No. 2: If Boise St loses the late game to San Diego St, I'm dropping the Broncos and inserting Tennessee as final at-large.

You wonder what the hell Joe does the other 11 months out of the year.

I am stationed in Vegas, I teach ROTC at UNLV and I follow the Runnin Rebs. I've watched a ton of the Mountain West this year. Of course the Vols will always be my first love. FWIW I think the Moutain West is a much better conference than the SEC, I honestly think it is the 2nd best league in the country and deserves 5 bids. With that said, I think Tennessee is a little better than Boise. I think they should both get in.

VN Store

Back