So do we have to...?

Chilmonty

Obviously, ESPN HATES US!
Win 2 SEC tournament games or will one win get our ticket punched?? What say you?

I'm not as well versed in bracketology as many of you.

Win 2 SEC tournament games or will one win get our ticket punched?? What say you?

I'm not as well versed in bracketology as many of you.

win 2 and we should be in... would be a huge disappointment if not in.

win 1 and we might get in... i think we still can but a lot of it depends on other teams at that point

lose tomorrow and we are going to the NIT

Oh yeah, we need two especially with some teams that will be stealing automatic bids......every year there are teams that steal. Time to start praying to the roundball gods vn....

Two guarantees us nothing. That is basically a play out game. Need Memphis to win thier tourney and about 7 or 8 teams to go out early.

It's all dependent on what other "bubble teams" do, and if any bids get "stolen". If every bubble team loses, no bids get stolen then it's possible UT could get in even with a loss tomorrow.

On the flip side, if all these bubble teams win 2 or 3 games, a couple bids get stolen, then Tennessee may have to win 3 games in the SECT.

My educated guess...not all bubble teams will win, a few may even lose their first game, so IMO 2 wins in the SECT will be enough, but that obviously is subject to change.

I asked Yemi the other day how many he thought we needed. He said the only way to be sure is to win the tourney.

Like BTO said, it depends.

But based on what I think other bubble teams will do, Tennessee needs 1 win to get in.

I think Baylor loses to OK State. UVA loses their first game to NC State. Boise State loses tonight and Ole Miss loses their first game to Mizzou. I think 1 win will just barely get us in the tournament. 2 wins will lock it up for us, IMO.

I could potentially see UVA upsetting NC State. If that happens, we will need to win 2 for sure and that would still make me nervous.

I hate to be that guy.,but this is why you don't wait until the 2nd half of the season before you figure out the game of basketball.
I think Tn is good enough to win the SEC as long as Golden shows up.

it's all dependent on what other "bubble teams" do, and if any bids get "stolen". If every bubble team loses, no bids get stolen then it's possible ut could get in even with a loss tomorrow.

On the flip side, if all these bubble teams win 2 or 3 games, a couple bids get stolen, then tennessee may have to win 3 games in the sect.

My educated guess...not all bubble teams will win, a few may even lose their first game, so imo 2 wins in the sect will be enough, but that obviously is subject to change.

this!!

win 2 and we should be in... would be a huge disappointment if not in.

win 1 and we might get in... i think we still can but a lot of it depends on other teams at that point

lose tomorrow and we are going to the NIT

This

I hate to be that guy.,but this is why you don't wait until the 2nd half of the season before you figure out the game of basketball.
I think Tn is good enough to win the SEC as long as Golden shows up.

So what if we were like Missouri or Ole Miss and start out hot and the fade at the end? It's not that easy. We started 8-4 and then had a bad stretch in the middle of the season. If you look at Missouri's resume, it is scary how much it is similar to ours. The only difference is the actual RPI, and I think the RPI is a bit flawed.

The only thing that I can see is an interesting point that zansdad made- there is a bias for teams that start well but fade as opposed to teams that start slow and pick it up. Kind of like the preseason football polls.

0 wins= 15% chance
1 win = 65% chance
2 wins=85% chance
3 wins=98% chance
4 wins=99.917% chance (yeah, I know)

Joe Lunardi (@ESPNLunardi) tweeted at 10:54 PM on Wed, Mar 13, 2013:
Random thought No. 2: If Boise St loses the late game to San Diego St, I'm dropping the Broncos and inserting Tennessee as final at-large.

VN Store

Back