Comparing Saint Mary's and Tennessee

I wonder if that is the best OOC schedule St. Mary's could put together?

Absolutely not, I've always hated that argument by coaches it's BS, you wanna play a tougher OOC schedule you can.

I've thought St. Mary's was gonna be in, will be interesting to see what happens Sunday with them.

Based on those numbers, there's no way they should be in IMO. And I'm not being biased. It's apples and oranges. Pun somewhat intended.

Absolutely not, I've always hated that argument by coaches it's BS, you wanna play a tougher OOC schedule you can.

I've thought St. Mary's was gonna be in, will be interesting to see what happens Sunday with them.

Yeah, I think so too. I mean they could find better teams to play, but they would likely have to play them on the road and I imagine that is why most coaches back out of it.

Based on those numbers, there's no way they should be in IMO. And I'm not being biased. It's apples and oranges. Pun somewhat intended.

UT vs SM in the "one game elimination" game...UT kicks the chit out of 'em.

Yeah, I think so too. I mean they could find better teams to play, but they would likely have to play them on the road and I imagine that is why most coaches back out of it.

To a certain extent, they can make their schedules tougher, but as hulkhands said, they would have to go on the road. Big name teams don't want to give up the revenue from playing at home by going on the road to play a team like St. Mary's.

The Zags were willing to...played a representative Big 8 schedule and went 5-0 playing 1st 3rd 4th 6th and 8th place teams so not sure why people think they are somehow an unworthy #1 seed...ok st coach said best team they played all year

what you do on ooc scheduling carries a lot of weight w committee and that is going to be a problem for ole miss and teams like mtsu and st marys

The Zags were willing to...played a representative Big 8 schedule and went 5-0 playing 1st 3rd 4th 6th and 8th place teams so not sure why people think they are somehow an unworthy #1 seed...ok st coach said best team they played all year

what you do on ooc scheduling carries a lot of weight w committee and that is going to be a problem for ole miss and teams like mtsu and st marys

Zags looked good the other night..

To a certain extent, they can make their schedules tougher, but as hulkhands said, they would have to go on the road. Big name teams don't want to give up the revenue from playing at home by going on the road to play a team like St. Mary's.

We went to Washington and played the zags...did a 2 for 1 with Oakland and COC...teams will do it. And if you have to go on the road oh well, do it.

Reactions: 1 person
One thing they have going for them is their road/neutral record. We've seen the committee, time and time again, put emphasis on that record. They are 11-5 and where are the games played in the Big Dance?

I think some of these projectionist are just bucking for the little guy & trying to diss the SEC because we are so dominate in football.
Hopefully the selection committee will be fair...it is the NCAA after all...oh wait...

I would put La Salle in the same category as Saint Mary's. I think La Salle is way overvalued. They just got blown out by #16 St. Louis. I dont see how Boise gets in either compared to us. Those 3 mid majors (SMC, LaSalle, and Boise) all are overvalued imo.

Reactions: 1 person
I know I'm biased because I live here in Memphis, but have you seen the Tigers resume??? What a joke!!! Biggest win was against us and a less than decent southern miss team. I'm so sick of hearing about Memphis. I was so glad they were going to the big east, and now the big east is a joke. I wish we would have whipped their ass

I know I'm biased because I live here in Memphis, but have you seen the Tigers resume??? What a joke!!! Biggest win was against us and a less than decent southern miss team. I'm so sick of hearing about Memphis. I was so glad they were going to the big east, and now the big east is a joke. I wish we would have whipped their ass

It's why tiger fans think they deserve a 4-5 seed but will likely get a 8 or worse.

VN Store

Back