Is this the year?

aussievol

That we break the dreaded SEC Tourney curse. The Vols have not won it since 1979. Thats 24 years of futility. Most years, recently at least, we are usually ousted by a lower seeded team which just adds to the frustration. After going to 12 teams in '92, it took us almost 20 years just to get to play on the weekend in the semis. Now that we have broken that curse and have even made the final (losing to a lower seeded MSU in '09 surprise surprise) we need to get this monkey of our back and win the whole dang thing. I may even buy a ticket if they make it to Sunday, just in case Im not alive the next time it happens. GO VOLS!!! Kick some bball butt in Nashvegas.

Lets worry about game 1 for now, we can't run the table w/o beating MSU or USC first.

I know how the seeding thing works, but if the seeds were based on how the teams have looked over the last half of the season or so, we would be a 2 seed behind Mizzou. So, it wouldnt shock me...GBO! ( To be fair, we looked pretty bad the first half!)

I know how the seeding thing works, but if the seeds were based on how the teams have looked over the last half of the season or so, we would be a 2 seed behind Mizzou. So, it wouldnt shock me...GBO! ( To be fair, we looked pretty bad the first half!)

by those standards I would give us the 1, nobody else has won 8 of their last 9

That we break the dreaded SEC Tourney curse. The Vols have not won it since 1979. Thats 24 years of futility. Most years, recently at least, we are usually ousted by a lower seeded team which just adds to the frustration. After going to 12 teams in '92, it took us almost 20 years just to get to play on the weekend in the semis. Now that we have broken that curse and have even made the final (losing to a lower seeded MSU in '09 surprise surprise) we need to get this monkey of our back and win the whole dang thing. I may even buy a ticket if they make it to Sunday, just in case Im not alive the next time it happens. GO VOLS!!! Kick some bball butt in Nashvegas.

What happened to the other ten years since then??? :blink:

Reactions: 1 person
What happened to the other ten years since then??? :blink:

In fairness to the OP, we did have about 10 years in there where it wouldn't have mattered if we were playing in the SWAC tournament, we'd still have lost.

As much as I hated Houston's time at UT, that miracle run they made in the SECT was awesome. Well until they played Alabama on that Sunday at least.

Came out of nowhere and we blew out #1 seed state and then ga on saturday...just crazy

SWAC is so bad....State or Aub would probably be favored to win that tournament...

Some of these leagues are a joke

I'm sick, sick, I tell you of all these experts talking down the SEC this year (even Florida). Just because we beat each other up they're saying possibly the SEC has one, maybe two teams in the big dance this year. I may be deluding myself here but I believe, however it works out, that the talking heads will be doing some backtracking when it is all said and done. Sure I want the Vols in but whatever happens I want whatever SEC team(s) that do make it raise mortal hell. GO SEC!
GO VOLS!

VN Store

Back