John Clay is the latest to pick Tennessee...

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
...to win the SECT

John Clay: Breaking down the SEC Tournament | Basketball: Men | Kentucky.com

Will win it
Tennessee: The Vols won eight of their last nine, taking a lone finger in the eye at Georgia (losing by 10), but UT was due a bad outing after six straight wins. It has the point guard (Trae Golden), the scorer (Jordan McRae), the glass-eater (Jarnell Stokes), the coach (Cuonzo Martin) and the motivation (NCAA bubblicious) to snatch the scissors on Sunday.

Reactions: 9 people
Freak, you are going overboard with starting all these threads. Slow it down.

The experts pick against us every year, and every year we manage to lose. Maybe a little support and momentum will carry us to victory!

2006 we were picked to go to the finals. Lost to USC on the first day.

2008 we were picked as a favorite. We barely beat USC then lost to Arkansas.

What the experts never say is that we don't have a shot.

Based on Tennessee's history in the tournament I am worried about the first game let alone winning it.

Tennessee is capable if they play well.

Reactions: 1 person
Based on Tennessee's history in the tournament I am worried about the first game let alone winning it.

Tennessee is capable if they play well.

^ THIS ^ UT has the ability to win it, but we have had the ability to win it several times since 1979, and fallen flat on our face. Effort and execution is everything come tourney time.

If it's SC I'm worried because for some reason we always have problems with SC in the SECT.

I was just thinking. Can't help it sometimes it sneaks up on me and then scares the hell out of me, but what if:
(1) we won just one or two games and made it to the dance.
(2) rested up while other teams played more ball to get to their respective championships so we would be fresher for the big dance.
Would it really benefit us that much?
See what I was telling you about thinking.
GO VOLS!

I was just thinking. Can't help it sometimes it sneaks up on me and then scares the hell out of me, but what if:
(1) we won just one or two games and made it to the dance.
(2) rested up while other teams played more ball to get to their respective championships so we would be fresher for the big dance.
Would it really benefit us that much?
See what I was telling you about thinking.
GO VOLS!

:blink: Are ya sayin they can win the whole enchilada!?!?

It doesn't matter what any experts say. The SEC tournament is a bigger "pick em" than the NCAA. We have had the potential and talent to win it every year. The team that wins it is the team that has the desire. Unfortunately Jordan is the only player on our roster that can bring that fire every game.

It doesn't matter what any experts say. The SEC tournament is a bigger "pick em" than the NCAA. We have had the potential and talent to win it every year. The team that wins it is the team that has the desire. Unfortunately Jordan is the only player on our roster that can bring that fire every game.

You gotta put Josh Rich. and all of the freshman in that group that bring that fire every game. They are just a little short in firepower.

Last edited:
You gotta put Josh Rich. and all of the freshman in that group that bring that fire every game. They are just a little short in firepower.

I would agree with that. Josh plays hard every game he's just needs a basketball IQ boost. If he gets to where he can consistently play smart basketball, he will be a great asset

I'm hoping no one on the team has it in their mind that we're already in the dance.
Hoping Zo has them believing we need to win it.

VN Store

Back