Jarnell Stokes 2nd team ALL SEC

Stokes deserved to be in over Pressy on the first team. But as far as comparing bigs on the first team, I agree with the move to put in O'Bryant over Stokes. If Stokes had a slightly better offensive game, he gets in over O'Bryant, hands down.

Reactions: 1 person
8 players made the 1st team, you cannot tell me he isn't among the 8 best players in the league.

As I've said before, if the honor is based solely on SEC play, he deserved 1st team. If it's based on the entire year's work, he landed about where he should have. He was very average for good chunk of games early in the season.

as i've said before, if the honor is based solely on sec play, he deserved 1st team. If it's based on the entire year's work, he landed about where he should have. He was very average for good chunk of games early in the season.

^ this ^

As I've said before, if the honor is based solely on SEC play, he deserved 1st team. If it's based on the entire year's work, he landed about where he should have. He was very average for good chunk of games early in the season.

It is the "all-SEC team".

It is the "all-SEC team".

Yeah, I get that, but what does that mean? Is it insinuating you only be judged on SEC games, or is just to signify that these are the best players from the SEC, and accounts for all your games.

I believe it's the latter.

the whole '1st team', '2nd team' is a joke....there are 8 players on 1st team and 9 on the second team!? The 6th man award was on neither..so technically he won the '18th man award'. I guess this is the eternal efforts that everyone gets a trophy BS....whatever happened to 5 first team members (b/c thats how many are on the court at one time) and 5 second team members? 17 first and second teamers is really a third team and 2 to spare.

Maymon got a RS, right? With another solid big beside him next season, Stokes will be 1st team imo. He was basically mugged and molested all season. Will be a different ball game with Maymon. Very happy for Jordan!! Heres to a big SEC/NCAA tourny run!! :toast:

I think the committee mucked up a little. If the awards are solely based on SEC play, both probably should have been 1st team. If it's considering the whole season, neither should be 1st.

Stokes was the only player to average a double-double during league play. He went against the same guys they just voted for and was the only one to average a double-double and they put him on the second team. I think they voted with their heads up their asses.

What a joke, he averaged a double double in league play.

Jordan McRrae made 1st team but no POY

I hear you but overall not sure either deserved it.
For Jordy to make 1st team, just think about how far he came, but not POY. Actually same for Jarnell but just wait till next year. Maymon and Stokes 1st team and one will be POY. Hide and watch.
GO VOLS!

Buzz, Jerry or Kevin could have coached Fla to the title this year....as could Houie, Dewey & Louie!
That award was the biggest joke

VN Store

Back