If we won the SEC, how high of a seed would we get for the NCAA Tournament?

EaglesVols91

What do you think? And no, I'm not looking ahead of things. I'm just wondering how high of a seed a team that might be last in the last 4 in would climb if they won their conference tournament.

Depends more on how many crappy teams win their conf. tournament and steal a spot.

Edit: My bad, read the OP wrong. If they did WIN the sec then I see them as a 10-11.

Reactions: 1 person
8 or 9 seed is the ceiling for this bunch, I'm afraid.

Lets just hope we are the 9 in the Gonzaga bracket.

Last edited:
Vandy did get a 5 seed with a 24-10 record winning the SECT last year if I remember correctly. Idk know what their RPI and good wins/bad wins were, but I say a 6 seed would be our ceiling? I DON'T want a 8-9 seed, I would rather have a 10-14 seed than those two seeds.

Vandy did get a 5 seed with a 24-10 record winning the SECT last year if I remember correctly. Idk know what their RPI and good wins/bad wins were, but I say a 6 seed would be our ceiling? I DON'T want a 8-9 seed, I would rather have a 10-14 seed than those two seeds.

I don't think winning the Sec tourney this year will carry quite the weight that winning it last year did.

You have to realize who Vandy beat to win the SEC tourney. And not to mention Vandy was already in the tourney at that point iirc.

I see it as this

1 win- we miss NCAA T
2 wins- 12 seed or a potential miss if bama,ky, ole miss do well
3 wins - 9 seed
Win it all- 7 seed

I say 7 or better. North Carolina reminds me of Tennessee and they are a 7 seed according to Lunardi. They lost early on in the season and went on to win their last six before losing to Duke in the season finale. They have two bad losses like Tennessee does against a horrendous Texas team and a mediocre FSU team. Both of their conferences are down as well.

10 to 7 or better is a huge difference people. Going from a bubble team to 7 seed would be tremendous.

Wins over UF and UK would be huge. But would they make UTs resume as good (or nearly) as Memphis, Creighton, Butler, Notre Dame, UCLA, and all the other 6-7 seeds? Some of them are questionable, but imo UT can't get close to 6-7 seed.

10 to 7 or better is a huge difference people. Going from a bubble team to 7 seed would be tremendous.

Wins over UF and UK would be huge. But would they make UTs resume as good (or nearly) as Memphis, Creighton, Butler, Notre Dame, UCLA, and all the other 6-7 seeds? Some of them are questionable, but imo UT can't get close to 6-7 seed.

Add 4 wins to Tennessee, a win over UF and UK/Missouri and compare it to creightons resume.

Better yet, how about comparing it to Missouri's resume.

VN Store

Back