SEC Coach of the Year

I know I'll get flamed for this, but my unbiased vote would be for Billy D

Sure as hell not Cal, Haith, Kennedy or Grant.

When do awards come out?

No to Grant or Cal.

I wouldn't give them the award, but I think Mizzou and Ole Miss did better than expected this year. JMO

The Maymon injury really hurt us, so it's hard to judge how we're performing based on expectations. I'd say Cuonzo is among the Top 5 in terms of SEC coaching jobs this year.

Vegas' odds on winning the SEC on NOV 6.
Kentucky +120
Florida +275
Alabama +700
Missouri +900
Tennessee +900
Arkansas +1150
Georgia +1750
LSU +1750
Mississippi +1750
Texas A&M +2500
Vanderbilt +2500
South Carolina +2500
Mississippi State +3000
Auburn +6000

Andy Kennedy is the only coach who overachieved. And he beat Cuonzo twice.

No flame here, who else would get it? Johnny Jones possibly?

Donovan, Martin and Jones are the only deserving candidates IMO.

Donovan, Martin, Jones, and Kennedy. Ole Miss finished in a tie for 2nd place in the SEC. I think that's commendable for them.

What has Coach D done.......I am not sure he has earned it.....He had the pieces to win but lost too many games to be named SEC Coach of the Year....Did not make the adjustments that Coach M did in the middle of the season to put him into a position to get into the tournament. Mayman out thought the season was lost....NIT....McRae steps up with the CCM's changes and adjustments......Give it to the guy that earned not the guy that had it in place and underachieved.......

Reactions: 1 person
No to Grant or Cal.

I wouldn't give them the award, but I think Mizzou and Ole Miss did better than expected this year. JMO

The Maymon injury really hurt us, so it's hard to judge how we're performing based on expectations. I'd say Cuonzo is among the Top 5 in terms of SEC coaching jobs this year.

Missouri was preseason top 15, the definitely aren't doing better than expected.

Ole Miss was expected to make the NCAA tourney this year, and that's likely not gonna happen. I'd say they've performed as expected or slightly underachieved.

has there ever been a SEC coach of the year who was fired from their team in the same year they won? That would be amazing.

Kentucky +120
Florida +275
Alabama +700
Missouri +900
Tennessee +900
Arkansas +1150
Georgia +1750
LSU +1750
Mississippi +1750
Texas A&M +2500
Vanderbilt +2500
South Carolina +2500
Mississippi State +3000
Auburn +6000

Andy Kennedy did not overachieve

Reactions: 1 person
Kentucky +120
Florida +275
Alabama +700
Missouri +900
Tennessee +900
Arkansas +1150
Georgia +1750
LSU +1750
Mississippi +1750
Texas A&M +2500
Vanderbilt +2500
South Carolina +2500
Mississippi State +3000
Auburn +6000

coach of the year doesn't necessarily equate to the coach that overachieved.

Cuonzo has an outside shot. I think i would go Billy Donovan i guess... he was a sure thing before losing to us and UK recently...

I think it has to be Martin or Kennedy. I know in reality Ole Miss probably isn't making the big dance but still a awesome coaching job on his part. As far as Martin goes, he should definitely win it, then again these orange colored glasses make it hard for me to have an unbiased opinion.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back