What is your biggest concern?

TNrockytop4ever

UT Grad
Heading into the SEC tourney, and hopefully the NCAA tourney, what about the team concerns you the most? For me, its the inconsistentcy of our key players.

Heading into the SEC tourney, and hopefully the NCAA tourney, what about the team concerns you the most? For me, its the inconsistentcy of our key players.

Well, Jarnell and Jordan have been pretty darn consistent. It's Golden that worries me.

If he doesn't show up, we absolutely could lose to USCe/MSU on Thursday. Hell, when he doesn't show up we are bad enough to lose to ANYONE.

But other than Golden, no concerns. I like where we are and I like our chances. Truly.

Well, Jarnell and Jordan have been pretty darn consistent. It's Golden that worries me.

If he doesn't show up, we absolutely could lose to USCe/MSU on Thursday. Hell, when he doesn't show up we are bad enough to lose to ANYONE.

But other than Golden, no concerns. I like where we are and I like our chances. Truly.

^ This +1...:hi:

I think if Trae is on his game we can win the tourney and get the auto-bid.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Its the sec tournament n the vols always choke... bottom line .. until that changes that is my concern.. saying that I think they win one n get into the NCAA n that is a win for the team..

Next year a great run. .. but NCAA this year n more face time is a.plus...

Agree with those saying trae...he has a good tournament we are capable of winning it all, the question mark is trae.

The play of Golden. As Golden goes, so goes the Vols

I would like to see McRae turn into superman again. The last 2 games have been good games, but he has struggled a bit. I would like to see him completely go off the next 4 games.

I would like to see McRae turn into superman again. The last 2 games have been good games, but he has struggled a bit. I would like to see him completely go off the next 4 games.

I prefer he do like he's been 15-20 and we win...if he blows up dropping 30 a night and leads us into the dance he may get enough exposure to leave.

Jarnell and Trae are mentally inconsistent. Trae puts too much pressure on himself and Jarnell sometimes is not motivated. And McRae has to respond to the defensive attention that will continue to be revved up. If these three step up, we should be in good shape to get to Saturday and possibly beyond.

I prefer he do like he's been 15-20 and we win...if he blows up dropping 30 a night and leads us into the dance he may get enough exposure to leave.

I really don't think it would bother me too much if he left. I would be thrilled for him if he got first round. Hell, it's been about a decade since someone from TN has been drafted. I know Tobias went, but we really didn't get to know him that well and he came when all the turmoil was going on. I didn't even get to enjoy watching him play. McRae has been fun to watch grow into a great player and leader. It would put a damper on our dream team next year, but if it happens, then I'm ok with it and I think we will be fine going forward.

Jarnell and Trae are mentally inconsistent. Trae puts too much pressure on himself and Jarnell sometimes is not motivated. And McRae has to respond to the defensive attention that will continue to be revved up. If these three step up, we should be in good shape to get to Saturday and possibly beyond.

Jarnell has been pretty damn consistent through league play, some peoples expectations amaze me...every player has a bad game here and there.

Golden, hands down. Secondly, stopping penetration on Defense. When we do that well, we win. When we don't, we really struggle on defense and puts us at risk of losing to anyone, ie Auburn.

I really don't think it would bother me too much if he left. I would be thrilled for him if he got first round. Hell, it's been about a decade since someone from TN has been drafted. I know Tobias went, but we really didn't get to know him that well and he came when all the turmoil was going on. I didn't even get to enjoy watching him play. McRae has been fun to watch grow into a great player and leader. It would put a damper on our dream team next year, but if it happens, then I'm ok with it and I think we will be fine going forward.

I'd be happy for him, but hell I want him back, and think he should come back. I think if Maymon comes back healthy, Hubbs is half the player he's expected to be, and we add Thompson this team is elite 8 caliber and from there anything can happen.

He could go next year, and possibly join Hubbs and stokes in the draft if we have a great year and then you'll have 3 Tennessee guys get drafted :)

OtHer than Golden being inconsistent, no major worries. Bench play will be huge for tourney play. If Chievous plays like he did Sat. That would be a big bonus.

probably tired of hearing it, but if Hall isn't playing, I like us. If he is, I don't.

Dykes kept mentioning energy and effort is what wins games at the end the other day and KH was on the tv and we were down by 6 or 8. All I could think was, no joke, there is low energy and iffy effort on the tv in my face and we are getting beat. Then he sat, and the entire team played with more energy.
14 minutes, 3 boards and no points, 3 fouls against Mizzou. No telling what his +/- was.
14 minutes, 5 boards, 1 assist, 1 block and 7 points for Q. All because of effort.
We need effort and energy this time of year. It can help overcome errors.

probably tired of hearing it, but if Hall isn't playing, I like us. If he is, I don't.

Dykes kept mentioning energy and effort is what wins games at the end the other day and KH was on the tv and we were down by 6 or 8. All I could think was, no joke, there is low energy and iffy effort on the tv in my face and we are getting beat. Then he sat, and the entire team played with more energy.
14 minutes, 3 boards and no points, 3 fouls against Mizzou. No telling what his +/- was.
14 minutes, 5 boards, 1 assist, 1 block and 7 points for Q. All because of effort.

Expected SOME fire on his senior day

Kenny seems best riding the bench and if Jarnell is in FT, smack him on the a$$ and get 10 good minutes from him. More than 10 minutes and he loses any focus or intensity.

While I sometimes share your opinion on KH, I think he has to see minutes. Bowers on Saturday showed us why. Moore does a heck of a job for his size, but the shear size and length of Hall. IMO

They guy has a decent little jumper too, that will spread a defense if he is on, because he is bringing a big out of the paint.

Last edited:
While I sometimes share your opinion on KH, I think he has to see minutes. Bowers on Saturday showed us why. Moore does a heck of a job for his size, but the shear size and length of Hall. IMO

They guy has a decent little jumper too, that will spread a defense if he is on, because he is bringing a big out of the paint.

Bowers had at least 4 open 3's when KH was in and bad switches put him on their guard that scored at least a 3 and a 2 on him.
I like him on an alley oop. That's it. If he can come in, get an alley oop and dunk it without taking it down to his ankles, give him a high 5 and sit him down because it's going to be bad news within a minute.

VN Store

Back