How many SEC tourney wins does UT need?

How many SECt wins do we need?

• Total voters
If we are able to win 2, I think we will get a lot better seed than most think. That being said, I think one will do. It would be nice to make a run and win the whole thing though.

If we are able to win 2, I think we will get a lot better seed than most think. That being said, I think one will do. It would be nice to make a run and win the whole thing though.

Absolutely. I like our chances if we don't draw UK or Ole Miss.

Reactions: 1 person
The question is unanswerable because it depends on other conference tourneys. Two or three upset winners of conference tournaments changes the dynamic.

Having said that, if you win two its hard to imagine you not getting in.

Reactions: 1 person
It's always changing. I'm going with already in...I think there's a decent chance that we are, so may as well be optimistic. I'd still like to see at least 1 win in sect

Absolutely. I like our chances if we don't draw UK or Ole Miss.

I'm interested in hearing why those are the teams you're most worried about. It seems to me like they're struggling a bit here at the end of the season. I'd actually rather face either of those teams than Missouri again, this time at a neutral site, but maybe I'm crazy.

Although always changing I feel like we are in with 1 and really comfortable with a good seed with 2.

I think it all dpends on the Conference tourneys. Fewer upsets the better. However, I think if we get past Bama we should definitely get in. Our resume is still way ahead of Ole Miss and AL and probably even KY. If we dont win the SEC tourney, we need FL or Mizzou to win it.

For sure. It would be really bad if a team that otherwise wouldn't get a bid ends up winning the tournament. I.e...Georgia.

Seeing as Bama would be game 2, and they are also on the bubble, I would say that's a game that is dangerous to lose...

Have to win at least 1, because losing Thursday to SC or MSU would be horrible. There is no way we should lose to either of those teams.

Sometimes I wonder if it wouldn't be better to just barely miss the Big Dance this year. That'd give next year's version of the Vols the incentive to get off to a good start for a change and kick ass throughout the season.

VN Store

Back