Vols 6th in attendance

VolsSportsFan

Mo Money Mo Problems - Michael Scott
I don't have a link but Rucker tweeted we're officially 6th in attendance, and we were only 17 behind IU in 5th.

Reactions: 1 person
2 years in a row we are top 6, Zo must be doing something right

He's doing something right for sure, but honestly looking at the bigger picture, expectations were changed around TBA several years ago under Pearl's leadership.

BTW, I'm not one of those 'bring back Pearl' types. In fact, I am a big Martin supporter, and I like the way he conducts himself. I'm only recognizing the reality that he is only partially responsible for us finishing 6th in attendance. Attendance before Pearl came here was horrid, and rightfully so.

Reactions: 5 people
He's doing something right for sure, but honestly looking at the bigger picture, expectations were changed around TBA several years ago under Pearl's leadership.

BTW, I'm not one of those 'bring back Pearl' types. In fact, I am a big Martin supporter, and I like the way he conducts himself. I'm only recognizing the reality that he is only partially responsible for us finishing 6th in attendance. Attendance before Pearl came here was horrid, and rightfully so.

Oh I agree, Pearl made where we are possible.

Our BB attendance has never been awful...even in our down & way down years, it was still pretty good, especially when you compare it to most of the rest of the SEC.
I think sometimes we think "no one is there" when we'd have 10-12,000 just because TBA is so big. Schools like GA MS MSU SC LSU & FL would love that many at a game !
Fla has 2 NC in the last 6-7 yrs & they can't even fill that little cracker box gym of theirs..
No school has the overall fan support of UT, I'm proud to say!

Reactions: 3 people
We were top 5 for awhile. When's the last time we finished outside the top 5?

Pearl definitely laid the foundation and proved basketball can be popular here. He will always deserve credit for that.

This is more for the one that claimed we'd have to bring out the black curtains when Martin showed up.

Reactions: 1 person
There are few BB arenas that compare to TBA, also among the best atmospheres in the nation. Some of the top programs have sh!ty arenas that are characterized as historic(old) venerable (be there 'til it falls down). TBA rocks . :yes:

Reactions: 2 people
There are few BB arenas that compare to TBA, also among the best atmospheres in the nation. Some of the top programs have sh!ty arenas that are characterized as historic(old) venerable (be there 'til it falls down). TBA rocks . :yes:

One of the best arenas? Yes. One of the best atmospheres? Ughhh, maybe. At times, I feel like the fans in TBA are more causal and don't cheer. They pick their spots to get really into the games, instead of being loud throughout.

Overall, I think it's fine though. Just wanted to say, you can have a crappy gym/arena and have great crowd support or atmosphere.

By my count, we're 5th largest in capacity. 6th highest attendance.

Correlation? None.

Still, it takes a great fanbase to fill it up.

Even under the incompetent O'Neil we were in the top 20, the Green years we were averaging ~13-15k I think, and obviously pearl's charisma, style of play, and success took us to another level and is 95% of the reason we are where we are in those rankings

Glad to hear people are still showing up in numbers this past year. I think I went to at least 8 games this year.

I will say this, I really wish TBA had two concourse levels. I had some crappy seats for the game on Saturday, and it was a bit of a pain to have to climb that many stairs. I doubt many college level stadiums have more than one floor though.

Also, there are about 100 seats out in 331 that you can only see half the court due to the some big screen, I am amazed they sell tickets to that seats.

Really surprised creighton was ranked so highly. I had no idea that they had that many fans.

Did you see their tournament game in St. Louis yesterday? It was packed with Creighton fans. They average very high in attendance every year.

No, he meant correlation.

False. There is correlation between attendance and arena capacity. There is a positive relationship between the two variables. Those teams leading in attendance have bigger arenas. Just plot the top 20 in both and you will clearly see that. There is NOT causation. A bigger arena doesn't cause higher attendance (causation), but the two are related (correlation). If you are going to use statistics, please use it correctly.:thumbsup:

False. There is correlation between attendance and arena capacity. There is a positive relationship between the two variables. Those teams leading in attendance have bigger arenas. Just plot the top 20 in both and you will clearly see that. There is NOT causation. A bigger arena doesn't cause higher attendance (causation), but the two are related (correlation). If you are going to use statistics, please use it correctly.:thumbsup:

There's always one

VN Store

Back