SEC Tournament Bracket

VolnJC

I'm excited about how wide open the SEC and NCAA tourneys seem to be this year. There are 5-6 teams that could win the SEC and probably 10-12 that could win the national championship.

Here is the bracket for the SEC tourney with dates, times, and channels for the games.

2013 SEC Tournament Bracket

It's going to be hard to play 2 games (if we win both) and beat UF when they are fully rested. Is it possible? Yes, ask Georgia they did it, but it will be difficult. We are about to really see what this team is made of

Says 5 teams have a legit shot. Which of top 6 doesn't? Us? Mizzou? Bama? I don't get it...

I know Ole Miss beat us twice..but I think teams have figured out how to control Henderson..I don't see them winning it...I think us, Kentucky, Florida, Missouri, Alabama..and maybe even Arkansas if they can figure out how to play on the road like they do at home.

I don't see Bama winning it. Florida needs to step things up. If they get bounced it will be Kentucky or UT.

I think Missouri looks tough in the opposite bracket.
Vols better have their mind right or they could lose to SC in round one. If the beat SC then Alabama gets easier with a little confidence. Bama used up all their four-leaf clovers this weekend after that incredible finish against GA. If we can win the first two then anything is possible.

I think Missouri looks tough in the opposite bracket.
Vols better have their mind right or they could lose to SC in round one. If the beat SC then Alabama gets easier with a little confidence. Bama used up all their four-leaf clovers this weekend after that incredible finish against GA. If we can win the first two then anything is possible.

Missouri is a good team that has underachieved this year..I kept expecting them to put it together this year..but they never really did...that sad we were fortunate to get that win at home..team could have quit when we were down 8

From a NCAA bubble perspective the bracket is drawn up nicely for Tennessee. We should be favored over Bama and Ole Miss will likely be a dog to Mizzou. Mizzou could also easily beat UK which wold leave the cats without an impressive SEC tournament win.

Win NO games, pretty worried about our tourney hopes
Win 1 game, Kinda confident
Win 2 games, you can find me chillin' on selection Sunday

With that said, i'd like to win it all though! GBO! Get 'em ZO!

Win NO games, pretty worried about our tourney hopes
Win 1 game, Kinda confident
Win 2 games, you can find me chillin' on selection Sunday

With that said, i'd like to win it all though! GBO! Get 'em ZO!

Yeah, this is what I was thinking too, would be nice to sit back and find out WHERE and not IF for once.

Just thought I'd chime in and agree that I like our bracket chances. Bama is eminently beatable. We played them extremely close two times and went 1-1, and that was before we started playing our best basketball. Get past them, and we play Florida. You know we're seriously in their heads after three straight wins again them, and will they really care enough to compete since they don't have anything on the line?

Of course, first we've got to do the opposite of what I'm doing in this post and not look ahead. Can't afford to have a hangover on Thursday from the huge win yesterday.

Terrible link OP.

Ole Miss might be tough team to handle. Henderson is trash, but he's shown he can shoot (even if it takes 30 shots).

UT is probably the worst team UF wants to play right now.

Team Ranking's odds to win the SEC tournament:

1. Florida - 69.2%
2. Kentucky - 12.6%
3. Missouri - 8.4%
4. Ole Miss - 4.5%
5. Tennessee - 2.0%
6. Alabama - 1.8%
7. Arkansas - 0.9%
8. LSU, UGA, Vandy - 0.2%
11. TAMU - 0.1%
12. USC - 0.01%
13. Auburn & Miss State - <0.01%

They give us an 84% chance to win the first game. (USC who is given a 64% chance beat MSU).

If we advance to play Alabama, they are giving us a 54% chance to win. Considering Bama has a day of rest on us, I'd think the game will be a tossup.

1. Florida - 69.2%
2. Kentucky - 12.6%
3. Missouri - 8.4%
4. Ole Miss - 4.5%
5. Tennessee - 2.0%
6. Alabama - 1.8%
7. Arkansas - 0.9%
11. TAMU - 0.1%
12. USC - 0.01%

Would you take Florida or the field?

1. Florida - 69.2%
2. Kentucky - 12.6%
3. Missouri - 8.4%
4. Ole Miss - 4.5%
5. Tennessee - 2.0%
6. Alabama - 1.8%
7. Arkansas - 0.9%
11. TAMU - 0.1%
12. USC - 0.01%

Wonder what odds are on UGA, the way they're playing may not be a bad bet.

There are probably only 2 teams that would feel good about playing UT right now and we more than likely will not see them (GA and Ole Miss). We are the team that nobody wants to play right now.

This bracket is best case scenario. Get a weak team and then Bama. Beat Bama, which we should, and we are a lock for the tourney. Then would get a Florida team that we have very good recent success against. My only worry is that we typically struggle against Bama, no matter how good we are and how bad they are. Also, Ole Miss has to likely play Missouri, so that works in our favor.

VN Store

Back