Updated RPI rankings

Johnny_Majors

I am Heart
If the SEC gets 4 teams in those last 2 spots will probably be decided in the SEC tourament. Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi and Alabama have almost the same RPI. Any head to head match-ups in the tournament will make a difference.

6. Florida
29. Missouri
54. Kentucky
56. Tennessee
57. Mississippi
60. Alabama

NCAA College Basketball RPI Rankings - ESPN

not necessarily true. If KY loses their opening game, they still probably make it. TN wins one, it doesn't matter if they lose to AL, they still make it in all probability.

If the SEC gets 4 teams in those last 2 spots will probably be decided in the SEC tourament. Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi and Alabama have almost the same RPI. Any head to head match-ups in the tournament will make a difference.

6. Florida
29. Missouri
54. Kentucky
56. Tennessee
57. Mississippi
60. Alabama

NCAA College Basketball RPI Rankings - ESPN

Updated them per LiveRPI - so they are current as of 1am:

6. Florida
33. Missouri
50. Kentucky
55. Tennessee
56. Ole Miss
61. Alabama

Reactions: 1 person
But that's not the point, because, as if you're being hypnotized into a train of reason and deduction, the RPI is placed right in front of the committee members’ faces from the start of the process, and I sincerely doubt they deviate from the materials and data given to them by the NCAA and its computer sorting/ranking/bracketing/filterin
g system (which is a slick, impressive computer program). This year, the NCAA has made public for the first time its Nitty Gritty (yes, that’s a capital N and G) sheets. These sheets rank teams by RPI. Immediately, you’re sorting teams in accordance with a flawed system. Within the Nitty Gritty you’ll see nine of the 16 columned categories are RPI-dictated.

It doesn’t stop there. On team sheets and in side-by-side comparisons, the only metric numbers available are RPI. It's very easy to use the data baked into the NCAA's team sheets and use that in addition to eye test discussion to draw conclusions. In such a scenario, which is one that occurred over and over and over at the mock, you're being unfair and myopic to the process. And more than inclusion to the field, you're jeopardizing fair and realistic seeding -- something, again, I'll get to in Sunday's post.

RPI still hovers over, cloaks selection process - CBSSports.com

Power is right, the RPI doesn't matter in the sense the OP is portraying it. In other words, if it comes down to us and Bama they won just take the team with the higher RPI. The RPI is used more for sorting and almost as a line, usually you need to be under 60 to have a realistic shot, so it kind of draws that line for the committe. Once they get all the possible teams they're looking at their resumes and not the RPI.

Reactions: 1 person
I am not complaining by any stretch, but how is it that Ole Miss, with a 23-8 record, including 2 wins over us and a second place finish in conference play, still sits one below us in the RPI?

I know we played a much tougher non-conference schedule and all that, but any system that comes up with this sort of result is suspect, to me.

VN Store

Back