TN is NCAAT Bound: "Cant keep them out"

Volstylexx

"You can't keep them out. You cannot keep TN out now. The way they're playing down the stretch, their quality wins, and how they look at the eye test right now - very very important. They have pieces and TN is headed to the NCAAs in my opinion" - Jimmy Dykes

"Tn is in regardless of what they do next week in the SECT."

"100 %, Tn has punched their ticket."

How can so many be so confident.. and then I come on volnation and read "we need 2 more wins" ??!?!

Sure, a few wins next weekend would feel great and remove all doubt, but i agree with Jimmy. We're in, regardless.

4 top 50 RPI wins (including a top 10 RPI win, and #29 RPI win). 8 of 9 over the last 9 games, 8 of 9 vs RPI top 100, only "bad" RPI loss was to RPI team ranked 124, SOS 28, OOC 35.

No other bubble team comes close to the overall "resume" we have.

Go Vols!

Reactions: 11 people
Honestly, and this is just my opinion...I think it's the W/L record. It's not fair, but that's the way it is.

If you give us, let's say, the Bama game and one of the UGA game, and we are 21-9 instead of 19-11, I think it's a completely different discussion.

Reactions: 5 people
Also, as long as UT wins on Thursday, I believe they get in.

a lot of bubble teams have close resumes to UT. that's why they're still bubblicious.

I honestly think TN has the best resume of any bubble team, and it's not even close.

If the committee truly values what they say they value, no way they leave TN out. 8 of 9 down the stretch. We even have a 1 point loss to the Big East Champion. What other bubble team has that?

Honestly, and this is just my opinion...I think it's the W/L record. It's not fair, but that's the way it is.

If you give us, let's say, the Bama game and one of the UGA game, and we are 21-9 instead of 19-11, I think it's a completely different discussion.

There is a lot of truth there.

Reactions: 1 person

Yeah except if this happened we wouldnt be on the bubble at all.

At halftime of Memphis-Xavier few wks ago they talked to head of selection committee and he emphasized quality wins > no bad losses.. In other words a resume like UVA's in that context looks every bit as good or better than UT's...there are others that are comparable as well. Put a gun to my head and I say we are in even w a loss on thursday but it'd be very close....win thur and I say it's 80-90%.. I think all 4 SEC bubble teams get in. MY $.02

Not to mention we shouldnt settle to just get in.
Right now we'd get in, but have a 11 or 12 seed.
Thats not very good.
If we do win 2, we might get a 8 or 9 seed possibly.

"You can't keep them out. You cannot keep TN out now. The way they're playing down the stretch, their quality wins, and how they look at the eye test right now - very very important. They have pieces and TN is headed to the NCAAs in my opinion" - Jimmy Dykes

"Tn is in regardless of what they do next week in the SECT."

"100 %, Tn has punched their ticket."

How can so many be so confident.. and then I come on volnation and read "we need 2 more wins" ??!?!

Sure, a few wins next weekend would feel great and remove all doubt, but i agree with Jimmy. We're in, regardless.

4 top 50 RPI wins (including a top 10 RPI win, and #29 RPI win). 8 of 9 over the last 9 games, 8 of 9 vs RPI top 100, only "bad" RPI loss was to RPI team ranked 124, SOS 28, OOC 35.

No other bubble team comes close to the overall "resume" we have.

Go Vols!

You don't want to enter the tourney with a bad loss in the S.E.C. tourney. I am sure that we will not win every game in the S.E.C. tourney but you don't want to have a bad loss by 15 or so points, then head to the tourney.

Also, what if a team that is a huge underdog wins the S.E.C., then they will be in the tourney, right?

Seriously? Maybe this makes me a dick but you are unaware that the winner of the sec tournament and every other postseason tourney gets a bid to the ncaa?

You don't want to enter the tourney with a bad loss in the S.E.C. tourney. I am sure that we will not win every game in the S.E.C. tourney but you don't want to have a bad loss by 15 or so points, then head to the tourney.

Also, what if a team that is a huge underdog wins the S.E.C., then they will be in the tourney, right?

I mostly agree. A lot goes into how a team plays down the stretch as well IMO

OP doesn't understand that other bubble teams aren't the only ones that can take a tourney spot. UT is the last team in right now. One mid-major team stealing a conference championship would kick out UT.

Reactions: 1 person
Can't lose Thu to a bad Miss St or USCjr team. I'd rather beat Bama on Fri if we win Thu. If we lose to Bama, we will be at the mercy of the committee especially if Ole Miss and Bama wins on Fri.

VN Store

Back