Dwight Miller in my 8AM class

Sikerth

I have never really paid all that much attention to Tennessee basketball outside of tournaments and W-L record, so I was a little slow to realize this. I have French on MWF at 8AM, and Dwight Miller is in that class.

It seems that he hasn't been active on the court this year, but I just figured I'd share how good of a guy this player is. He shows up every day and actively participates in class. On top of that, he is extremely friendly to everyone and a really funny dude!

Nothing really of substance here, but I thought it might be worth sharing! Go Vols!!

Reactions: 20 people
Thanks for sharing. I had hopes for this guy. Any player Jamie Dixon wants is fine with me but it just didn't happen.

I have never really paid all that much attention to Tennessee basketball outside of tournaments and W-L record, so I was a little slow to realize this. I have French on MWF at 8AM, and Dwight Miller is in that class.

It seems that he hasn't been active on the court this year, but I just figured I'd share how good of a guy this player is. He shows up every day and actively participates in class. On top of that, he is extremely friendly to everyone and a really funny dude!

Nothing really of substance here, but I thought it might be worth sharing! Go Vols!!

Ask the guy why he isnt playin.

Its a knee problem, he had the same surgery as Maymon. He has just been slow getting back. I am not sure if he is going to pursue a medical redshirt or not.

:eek:k: thanks

Yeah he looked coming out of high school like he could have been a player. Was only listed as a 3 star, but had several bigger named schools offer

Its a knee problem, he had the same surgery as Maymon. He has just been slow getting back. I am not sure if he is going to pursue a medical redshirt or not.

Figured it had something to do with the knee brace he wears haha.

I'm always glad to hear stuff like this. Those 8 AM classes were brutal in college. Sounds like Dwight and the OP are doing better than I did with them.

Reactions: 1 person
Good reminder for the good folks of VN, that these players we talk about are in fact human beings, not stat lines. Far too many people forget that.

Reactions: 8 people
good to hear. But if he is going to school free and not having to play, he should count his blessings and pass it down the line.

I'm not really sure what this means.

It means if he is on scholarship for basketball and not playing, he should be very happy. If school is free, he should be happy. And he should pass it down the line as in make something of it and do some good for someone else with what he takes away.

It also means it is good to hear he is a nice guy.

Quinn said this summer that miller was the most intriguing guy on the team. He's apparently very educated and very well rounded, and just a very interesting guy.

I've said for awhie, my theory is when Martin and staff didn't get who they wanted in 2012 class they told miller he could stay and finish out his time here for free since he only had one year remaining.

He doesn't practice, isn't rehabbing hard to get back, and his surgery was also supposed to be very minor an quick recovery. Just my theory.

VN Store

Back