And Here We Go "First Four Out"

Reactions: 1 person
Interesting that we are 3 spots ahead of Alabama and they still have a good shot at winning the regular season SEC title.

Win out plus 2 we are lose one NIT bound, its that simple.

It's possible that we could lose 1 of the final three but win 1-2 in the SECT and still have an outside shot, but who wants to do that? Take care of business and don't wind up on the outside of that bubble conversation.

Win out plus 2 we are lose one NIT bound, its that simple.

No way. If we win out there's a decent chance we get a bye all the way to Friday of the SECT. So you're saying that we need to make it all the way to the finals of the SECT to get into the NCAA's. With Lunardi basically having us as the first team out right now, I don't see how there's that much work to be done.

No way. If we win out there's a decent chance we get a bye all the way to Friday of the SECT. So you're saying that we need to make it all the way to the finals of the SECT to get into the NCAA's. With Lunardi basically having us as the first team out right now, I don't see how there's that much work to be done.

If we win the last three I think we will be slotted a 10 or 11. If we win the SEC tourney a 6-7 is plausible. Win one or two games in tourney play and the dreaded 8-9 is where we slide in. JMO. I wanna stay away from 8-9 if all possible.

As other teams win and lose we can shift up and down without even playing a game. Hopefully a few teams ahead of us start to self destruct.

NCAA tournament committee has historically put very little stock in conference tournament games.....unless you win it and get the automatic bid. The Vols need to get this done in the regular season and that means win out.

The next three games are the key. Win those and we are in, I think, regardless of what we do in the SEC tournament. The conference tourneys, by the way, are a scandal--total waste of time and effort. Everybody plays a long regular season, and that is enough to determined who deserves to be in the ncaa and who not. It's just more American greed.

NCAA tournament committee has historically put very little stock in conference tournament games.....unless you win it and get the automatic bid. The Vols need to get this done in the regular season and that means win out.

I agree. How many did we win last year? 18? And that was with a similar strong finish. I know there's a huge difference between winning 18 and even 19. But your theory is amplified by the fact that the SEC straight-up sucks this year.

The next three games are the key. Win those and we are in, I think, regardless of what we do in the SEC tournament. The conference tourneys, by the way, are a scandal--total waste of time and effort. Everybody plays a long regular season, and that is enough to determined who deserves to be in the ncaa and who not. It's just more American greed.

100% disagree. The conference tourneys are fun to watch because you get to see teams who otherwise had no shot at the NCAA's essentially get a second chance to play their way into the dance.

Reactions: 3 people
100% disagree. The conference tourneys are fun to watch because you get to see teams who otherwise had no shot at the NCAA's essentially get a second chance to play their way into the dance.

Precisely. This is the very reason that the NCAA uses an automatic bid system. I admit, it loses some luster in the BCS conferences (but you still have teams like UT and Ole Miss playing for their lives), but this is the environment it creates in all the others.

We cannot look past this Georgia game. They have been playing decent and are at home. If we focus we should beat them by 15+. GO VOLS!

Interesting that we are 3 spots ahead of Alabama and they still have a good shot at winning the regular season SEC title.

We finished 2nd in the SEC last year and didn't get in but Bama did b/c their overall resume was better. Might work in reverse this year. They have a good many awful losses just like we did last year, and we don't have but maybe 1.

VN Store

Back