Lunardi will have us as the 1st team out tomorrow

utknate

Lunardi just moved us to the first team out. Just keep winning and we control everything. I think we'll make it in.

Reactions: 5 people
Win two road games and get another top 100 win and we are in no doubt.

Gotta keep playing at a high level! Great win and I'm loving it!

We will eventually move up to last one in, if we win out regular season SEC. That will put us 20-10, with RPI like in the 40's. No way they can keep us out then.

However we can just win the SEC tourney and get in that way. :)

Would love to get another shot at Ole Miss in the SEC tournament...we are a different team now.

Bracket update: 1-line shakeup, Vols soar

Feb 27 12:05 AM ET
By Joe Lunardi

After a night in which two of our 1-seeds lost -- Indiana at Minnesota and Florida at Tennessee -- here is my adjusted Bracketology. The Hoosiers stay on the 1-line, while the Gators drop off. The Volunteers, meanwhile, have soared all the way to the very top of the teams currently out of the bracket. They were in neither the First Four Out or the Next Four Out entering the evening.

TOP SEEDS
Indiana/MIDWEST
Duke/EAST
Gonzaga/WEST
Michigan/SOUTH (replaces Florida)

LAST FOUR IN

Temple
Kentucky
Villanova
Ole Miss

FIRST FOUR OUT
Tennessee
Baylor
Arizona State
Alabama

NEXT FOUR OUT

Indiana State
Southern Miss
St. John's
Boise State

edit: why did you merge this, would make more sense IMO to have this as the first post and then merge the conversation into that thread. I dont care, im just wondering why.

Last edited:

By Joe Lunardi

After a night in which two of our 1-seeds lost -- Indiana at Minnesota and Florida at Tennessee -- here is my adjusted Bracketology. The Hoosiers stay on the 1-line, while the Gators drop off. The Volunteers, meanwhile, have soared all the way to the very top of the teams currently out of the bracket. They were in neither the First Four Out or the Next Four Out entering the evening.

TOP SEEDS
Indiana/MIDWEST
Duke/EAST
Gonzaga/WEST

LAST FOUR IN

Temple
Kentucky
Villanova
Ole Miss

FIRST FOUR OUT
Tennessee
Baylor
Arizona State
Alabama

NEXT FOUR OUT

Indiana State
Southern Miss
St. John's
Boise State

Boom!

By Joe Lunardi

TOP SEEDS
Indiana/MIDWEST
Duke/EAST
Gonzaga/WEST

LAST FOUR IN

Temple
Kentucky
Villanova
Ole Miss

FIRST FOUR OUT
Tennessee
Baylor
Arizona State
Alabama

NEXT FOUR OUT

Indiana State
Southern Miss
St. John's
Boise State

edit: why did you merge this, would make more sense IMO to have this as the first post and then merge the conversation into that thread. I dont care, im just wondering why.
I don't understand why Nova is even in the discussion. They just lost to a terrible Seton Hall team.

I don't understand why Nova is even in the discussion. They just lost to a terrible Seton Hall team.

Villanova is weird as hell. They've got wins over Syracuse, Louisville, Marquette and @Connecticut, but losses to Providence twice, Seton Hall (away), La Salle, and Columbia.
(Columbia has a losing record in the Ivy League. They beat Villanova by 18 at Villanova. Holy **** that's a bad loss.)

Villanova is on the bad side of the bubble right now, in my opinion. And if they get in ahead of Tennessee, that will be a crime (depending on the rest of the season, of course).

I agree with everyone who thinks we should have Nova's spot right now. They just lost to Seton Hall.

I also want to say that I think Bama is being listed there because of their two-game SEC lead over Tennessee and for no other reason. All they did tonight was beat Auburn at home. It's not like a bunch of teams just lost. We moved up, and they're two games up in the league standings, so they moved up with us, according to Lunardi.

So let's play devil's advocate.

Say we win out from here, including the SEC tourney. That puts us at.... 23 wins right? since we get the double bye if we do (Not sure how the new SEC tourney works). That would also mean we won 10+ straight, and at least two over florida/ky/mizzou potentially more depending on how they do in the SEC tourney. Are we not a 6-7 seed at that point?

Say we win out from here, including the SEC tourney. That puts us at.... 23 wins right? since we get the double bye if we do (Not sure how the new SEC tourney works). That would also mean we won 10+ straight, and at least two over florida/ky/mizzou potentially more depending on how they do in the SEC tourney. Are we not a 6-7 seed at that point?

Awww....that's cute.

By Joe Lunardi

TOP SEEDS
Indiana/MIDWEST
Duke/EAST
Gonzaga/WEST

LAST FOUR IN

Temple
Kentucky
Villanova
Ole Miss

FIRST FOUR OUT
Tennessee
Baylor
Arizona State
Alabama

NEXT FOUR OUT

Indiana State
Southern Miss
St. John's
Boise State

I want to switch places with Ky. If we make it and they don't......:)

Not that I see this situation happening, but that would put us on a 13 game winning streak with a conference championship, and 23-10 record. I'd say that's probably good for a 6 seed.

Yeah, just saw that. This is awesome news!!!

A month ago, we weren't even a second thought (or 3rd, etc.) for the NCAA tourney. Now, we are at the top of the first 4 out. Awesome job guys!!!

Likely 5 or 6

screw joe lunardi, so glad he's not involved in the decision making process....

VN Store

Back