Just to Put it All In Perspective....

TNHopeful505

Out of the 10 losses we have:

8 of the ten have been by ten points or less

(The only two games that were by more was Ole Miss and Okie State).

I'm just saying, this team has been close all year, and is now starting to finish. And it's without Maymon.

If they can keep finishing games, we might be onto something here.

And if the momentum from this year can turn and keep going on next year when Maymon is back, then we may have a very special year next year.

I just want to put everything into perspective. And it's sad, but it's also encouraging, that we haven't gotten blown out in really any game. We've been right there the whole time. Just couldn't get it done, but now we're starting to.

Loving what I'm seeing from Cuonzo's boys right now.

BEAT FLORIDA!

Reactions: 4 people
A point and a simple mistake away from upward trending Georgetown team. We just weren't clicking early. Probably in some transition from noticing that they would be without the leader of the team in Maymon. I wish they could have gotten it together early but I can't be disappointed in the play I've seen over the last 10 games. I'm very proud of Stokes he's a machine when he gets some space and is able to do his thing. I just can only imagine what Maymon will do with him when he gets back. This team has shown they have what it takes and isn't over looking anyone.

Reactions: 1 person
A point and a simple mistake away from upward trending Georgetown team. We just weren't clicking early. Probably in some transition from noticing that they would be without the leader of the team in Maymon. I wish they could have gotten it together early but I can't be disappointed in the play I've seen over the last 10 games. I'm very proud of Stokes he's a machine when he gets some space and is able to do his thing. I just can only imagine what Maymon will do with him when he gets back. This team has shown they have what it takes and isn't over looking anyone.
Our JRs have grown up this season and Stokes is improving every game.
A little better focus first 5 minutes of second half and we'll open some NCAAC eyes.

Yeah they were close, but they were to bad teams with the exception of Georgetown and maybe Alabama.

Huh? Memphis, @UK(w/ Noel), @UVA, @Ole Miss, @Arkansas (where even Florida got rolled). While I wish UT would have won any or all of them, they are not losses to bad teams.

UGA at home? I'll give you that one.

I said several weeks ago on this site that I felt the Vols could go 12-6 conference (20-10 overall) with a little luck and effort. If the Vols keep rolling the way theyÂ’ve been for the past 5 games, that looks like a distinct possibility. For the first time this season, I can say I actually feel confident in the Vols for the upcoming game, although I did like our chances going into the KY game at home without Noel. Not only are the Vols on fire, but FL will come limping into TB Arena with an undermanned roster. The gators do not need this win as badly as the Vols need this win. DonovanÂ’s boys are probably going to win the regular season title outright no matter what happens in Knoxville, so thereÂ’s no reason for them to risk losing another starter by playing too aggressively. That presents a greater opportunity for the Vols to take advantage of the situation and extend the winning streak to six games. Surely, thatÂ’ll get the attention of the bubble-predictors. Simply put, there will be no rational excuse for losing to the gators on Tuesday night. Go Vols!

Yeah they were close, but they were to bad teams with the exception of Georgetown and maybe Alabama.

There were some bad losses early when weren't playing worth a crap, and there have been some great wins lately since the light has turned on. Tale of 2 teams. Hope they keep it going and make a nice tourney run. The calvary's coming next year.

Reactions: 1 person
There were some bad losses early when weren't playing worth a crap, and there have been some great wins lately since the light has turned on. Tale of 2 teams. Hope they keep it going and make a nice tourney run. The calvary's coming next year.

Guessing your definition of a bad loss is game we coulda shoulda won and didn't.
Our only bad loss was against GA late.

VN Store

Back