The Texas A&M (HOLY **** THIS GAME GUYS) Postgame Report

zjcvols

"On a Tennessee saturday night."
Staff member
1. Guys, I'm a UT fan you see. I tried to be an unbiased person while writing and keep my postgame reports focused on basketball. This will not happen today. I cannot begin to adequately properly describe the absolute craziness of this game.

2. Jordan McRae played some crazy ass game. But let's not forget the huge 3 he hit at the end of the first OT (it was the first OT, right?) that sent the game into more OT's. What a ballsy shot.

3. Skylar McBee played his guts out. He gave Elston Turner everything he can handle. Turner was in the zone. You know how a starter in baseball has one of those gritty seven innings game, yeah, he gave up a couple runs, but had 130 pitches and let the bullpen (Josh Richardson) finish the job in a win? That was McBee. What a damn champ tonight. I would like to call him Skylar McDagger.

4. Bernard King Player of the Game: Trae Golden. He had two non charge turnovers in 60 minutes of basketball. He was 11-12 from the free throw line. He had six boards. He was a leader. And he two monster shots in the 4th OT to set up the McBee dagger. Wow.

5. Can I get a shout out to Nicodemus Christopher? The players looked like they had four more OT's in them. Their conditioning was fantastic. Big ups to him.

6. In my time since 2004 as a UT basketball fan, that's probably the craziest game I've watched. Again, it was incredible. Dear Lord.

7. Jarnell Stokes played 53 minutes and didn't foul out. That is incredible. He had four blocks. They were huge.

8. Coach Martin, it took ya awhile, but right call to go pick-n-roll with Golden/Stokes. That was the right call.

9. Say what you want about Coach Martin. His teams never gave up. Everything went TAMU's way early. Yet they kept going, never gave up, and kept attacking. That is what this basketball team is about.

10. Dear Florida. UT is coming for you. I'm already counting down to the minute for Tuesday night. TBA will be rocking out. UT will be pumped. I personally don't give a care about your ranking. UT is coming. You better watch out. That is all.

Go Vols!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 65 people
It's a W, I'll take it.

Go piggies. Maybe they'll go into OT as well. LSU bested 'Bama in 3. Tennessee in 4. Let's see if FL vs. ARK can top that. Given that we have three days to rest / recover I sure hope so.

10. The game is on Tuesday. Quick turnaround after this game. Very fortunate it will be at home.

1. Guys, I'm a UT fan you see. I tried to be an unbiased person while writing and keep my postgame reports focused on basketball. This will not happen today. I cannot begin to adequately properly describe the absolute craziness of this game.

2. Jordan McRae played some crazy ass game. But let's not forget the huge 3 he hit at the end of the first OT (it was the first OT, right?) that sent the game into more OT's. What a ballsy shot.

3. Skylar McBee played his guts out. He gave Elston Turner everything he can handle. Turner was in the zone. You know how a starter in baseball has one of those gritty seven innings game, yeah, he gave up a couple runs, but had 130 pitches and let the bullpen (Josh Richardson) finish the job in a win? That was McBee. What a damn champ tonight. I would like to call him Skylar McDagger.

4. Bernard King Player of the Game: Trae Golden. He had two non charge turnovers in 60 minutes of basketball. He was 11-12 from the free throw line. He had six boards. He was a leader. And he two monster shots in the 4th OT to set up the McBee dagger. Wow.

5. Can I get a shout out to Nicodemus Christopher? The players looked like they had four more OT's in them. Their conditioning was fantastic. Big ups to him.

6. In my time since 2004 as a UT basketball fan, that's probably the craziest game I've watched. Again, it was incredible. Dear Lord.

7. Jarnell Stokes played 53 minutes and didn't foul out. That is incredible. He had four blocks. They were huge.

8. Coach Martin, it took ya awhile, but right call to go pick-n-roll with Golden/Stokes. That was the right call.

9. Say what you want about Coach Martin. His teams never gave up. Everything went TAMU's way early. Yet they kept going, never gave up, and kept attacking. That is what this basketball team is about.

10. Dear Florida. UT is coming for you. I'm already counting down to the minute for Wednesday night. TBA will be rocking out. UT will be pumped. I personally don't give a care about your ranking. UT is coming. You better watch out. That is all.

Go Vols!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shot of the game IMO

Reactions: 1 person
That was an exhausting game. That would have been a brutal defeat.
I think it helps that UF is next. It eliminates the possibility of a hangover-induced bad game after this one. The guys will be ready.

Reactions: 1 person
It's a W, I'll take it.

Go piggies. Maybe they'll go into OT as well. LSU bested 'Bama in 3. Tennessee in 4. Let's see if FL vs. ARK can top that. Given that we have three days to rest / recover I sure hope so.

+1

I'm a huge boxing fan and the best way that I can describe this game is that we were the tough, rugged fighter who was out finessed for much of the game, but they kept coming forward and eventually just broke the opponent down by the championship rounds. That's a testament to a coaching staff who has preached conditioning and mental toughness throughout their tenure.

Reactions: 2 people
It's a W, I'll take it.

Honestly, no.
We want Florida to beat Arkansas.

Arky is on the Bubble and has a win over us. The pigs winning at UF would not be a good thing.

Reactions: 9 people
I have a headache induced from all the jumping, shouting and cheering I did throughout the 60 minute game

WOW! What a great win! Honestly didn't have much confidence in us for this one, Texas a&m is monstrous at home and this would be a typical vol let down game. Thank god they proved me wrong! Get 'em ZO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gator huntin' time!

Only thing you can do as a coach is correct mistakes or overcome them. CM did both today. That's his job and all coaches make mistakes.

Great effort by the team.

To expand on #5. Trae, Jordan, Josh, Skylar, and Jarnell played all 4 overtimes with no substitution. That's incredible. They still had legs at the end when A&M was gassed. Great job by those 5 guys.

Reactions: 6 people
Honestly, no.
We want Florida to beat Arkansas.

Arky is on the Bubble and has a win over us. The pigs winning at UF would not be a good thing.

Yes, we want FL. You misconstrue my post...I want ARK to give FL all that they can handle.

the Rutledge Rifle has been renamed Skylar McDagger

you seem awful excited for the report Z :)

an awesome game for sure

#11. Let me add this, kudos to Martin. We were constantly playing behind in OT. In the 3rd OT we got a lead but made a dumb decision on offense and lost it IMO. The 4th OT we got a 2 point lead, Zo called a TO got them to slow it down and get a good look. If you can get up 2 possessions in OT it's a huge advantage and once we did that in the 4th OT you could see A&M panic.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back