Jarnell and Jordans draft status

2014 Mock Draft | NBADraft.net
On this site it has Jordan at 57 overall pick to the clippers and Stokes 42 overall pick to Dallas. The thing I find odd is jarnell isn't even on 2013 boards anyone understand why he is a just a second round pic in 2014

Because it's way too early to project these types of things. I wouldn't be surprised if he does only get drafted in the second round (dare I say it, not drafted at all). But he has a lot of basketball to play in between now and then. It also doesn't help that he's not a little taller given his lack of athleticism. Either way, still too early.

You find it odd? Not trying to be argumentative but I think the draft analysts see what most of us do.... He's not ready. In a draft with only 2 rounds JS is not even draftable yet. Not enough to his game. Gotta be more than just a 6'8 really strong guy with no range to speak of and average hops to play at that level. I'd say J Mac may be more NBA ready right now than JS. Definitely more polished.

Reactions: 1 person
You find it odd? Not trying to be argumentative but I think the draft analysts see what most of us do.... He's not ready. In a draft with only 2 rounds JS is not even draftable yet. Not enough to his game. Gotta be more than just a 6'8 really strong guy with no range to speak of and average hops to play at that level. I'd say J Mac may be more NBA ready right now than JS. Definitely more polished.

This. Right now a lot of points jarnell gets come from overpowering defenders. Can't do that in the NBA. He needs that midrange jumper.

This. Right now a lot of points jarnell gets come from overpowering defenders. Can't do that in the NBA. He needs that midrange jumper.

Agreed. Remember his very first shot for us?.....the jump hook from about 12 feet. If he would throw that into his game it would help too.

Agreed. Remember his very first shot for us?.....the jump hook from about 12 feet. If he would throw that into his game it would help too.

Oh yeah!! I was there. It was sweet! It wouldn't hurt him to extend his game to the 3 point line. That's what he will need in the pros.

I honestly haven't seen McRae being drafted, but I've been quietly thinking Richardson MIGHT get drafted as a shut-down defensive player to come off the bench.

I honestly haven't seen McRae being drafted, but I've been quietly thinking Richardson MIGHT get drafted as a shut-down defensive player to come off the bench.

Definitely not soon. Richardson is a four year guy. McRae is a 4 year guy. Stokes could be an early second round guy if he so chose... I definitely think one more year would be extremely beneficial

At one point during his career, Cameron Tatum was projected as a second round draft pick. . . Not much to the draft expresses.

I agree that Jarnell has to polish a mid-range shot if he wants to move up the board. We never see him take a shot outside 10 feet. Zach Randolph has a sweet 15-18 footer, and that is what makes him difficult to guard. When he has that going, along with his quirky shot angles going to the basket, he is almost unstoppable.

I think McRae could be drafted, but he needs another year to develop. He must continue to practice his handle. He is not nearly as bad as Hopson, but both have to handle the ball much better if they want to play high level pro ball.

A little surprised not to see Hubbs late in the 2014 draft. I am not one to hype up a player, but I would love to have him for at least 2 years.

Anybody starting to see similarities in McRae's game and Jujuan Smith's??? The dunk he had made about his 3rd trip to the SC top 10, I think.

I also remember a rise up 15 footer from the free throw line in that same game. Where'd that go. Don't mean to be critical, love what he's doing for us right now, but adding that shot is a game changer

Ok stokes isn't the best athlete can really shoot and the Zach Randolph comparison seriously he is 6'10 stokes is maybe and I mean maybe 6'8 I met him in west and I'm 6'4 and he was barely taller than me

I'm far from a hoops expert, but I follow enough to feel fairly confident in my predictions.

McRae (rsJr) - not yet worked his way onto the draft boards. If he continues to develop his game as he has the last month or so, he will have a shot next year. It would take drastic improvement to move into the 1st round, though.

Stokes (So) - would get picked up this year, but not in his best interest to try. He HAS to improve his athleticism (he has no 'ups) to be anything more than a mid-late 2nd rounder. If he improves that and adds a mid-range game, he could go as high as mid-to-late 1st round next year or the year after (though next year's draft may be a bit more loaded than usual).

Richardson (So) - not yet on the draft boards. Unless he adds a consistent offensive game (and not just driving) and gets stronger, he never will. His attitude, size/athleticism, effort, and defensive abilities alone, however, will get him an opportunity (D-league or Europe, likely) to play at the next level if his offensive game never develops.

Maymon (rsSr) - depends on his health and continued development. Could work his way into a late 1st round pick under the right circumstances, but will likely be a late 2nd round pick or go completely undrafted. If healthy enough, it might be in his best interest to try his hand at TE and give football a chance.

Golden (Jr) - likely not on anybody's boards at this point. If the last few games were not a fluke, and he continues that level of play on a consistent basis next year, he could become a bit of a wildcard. He could go undrafted due to his size, or a team could fall in love with him and take him as early as the end of the 1st round.

Moore (Fr) - if he continues to work hard and develop, he has a legitimate shot to leave after his Junior season. He is lanky, athletic, aggressive, and has just enough potential to be dangerous.

The projections will be much clearer heading into next season. I could see stokes, McRae, Hubbs and Maymon all being projected at some point next year.

I'm trying to figure out where you see a 6'6" Maymon playing in the league? Not a lot of Power Forwards in the NBA at that height he would have to play the 2 in the league. Honestly 6'6" is generous.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back