SEC West teams on the Road

Ericvol2096

Quiz'N'Vol
Have been our achilles heel this SEC Season.

@Ole Miss
@Bama
@Ark

If we are going to make the tourney we will have to buck that trend down the stretch
@A&M and @Auburn

How do we match up with these two teams?

@Ole Miss
@Bama
@Ark

If we are going to make the tourney we will have to buck that trend down the stretch
@A&M and @Auburn

We match up with these two better than the other three.

aTm started the season 12-3, but have lost 7 of their last 10. They did, however, beat Ole Miss last week. Elston Turner and Fabyon Harris will give us fits, but this is a winnable game.

We have no excuse to lose to Auburn. If we fancy ourselves worthy of a bid to the dance, that is a game you can't lose.

Last edited:
We match up really well with Auburn. Chubb is going to het manhandled by Stokes. They really don't have anyone for McRae either. Our length should slow them down significantly.

Glad there is someone here to clear up all the misunderstanding caused by using the divisions that have been used for years. I am certain many of us couldn't figure out the purpose of the OP.

Glad there is someone here to clear up all the misunderstanding caused by using the divisions that have been used for years. I am certain many of us couldn't figure out the purpose of the OP.

Twas a joke.

OK, Alex, what is a Spotted Ape?

First pic on google images:

SpottedApe.jpg

My post wasn't. The arrogance by the self proclaimed experts in this forum is often times over the top.

I would also like to see who has proclaimed themselves an "expert" on this forum. I'm dying to see these posts.

@Ole Miss
@Bama
@Ark

@A&M and @Auburn

The only way we make the tournament is if we win the SEC tournament.

The only way we make the tournament is if we win the SEC tournament.

We are 15-10. Finishing 4-1 with a win over Florida or Missouri makes us 19-11 with only one glaringly bad loss (@home vs UGA). I don't see that as a scenario where you HAVE to win the SECT to make it in.

Now here is a glass half full kind of guy!@@! :no:

Be realistic. The SEC is extremely weak this season. All the projections have only three teams going. We're sitting in the very middle right now. How are you expecting us to get to the top 3 without winning the tournament? Kentucky, Mizzou, and Arkansas are all in front of us getting to that 3rd place spot. I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's not probable. Just sit back and enjoy the ride down the stretch. We're playing good basketball and that's enough for me.

Be realistic. The SEC is extremely weak this season. All the projections have only three teams going. We're sitting in the very middle right now. How are you expecting us to get to the top 3 without winning the tournament? Kentucky, Mizzou, and Arkansas are all in front of us getting to that 3rd place spot. I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's not probable. Just sit back and enjoy the ride down the stretch. We're playing good basketball and that's enough for me.

This shows that you don't have a full understanding of how the tournament selection process works.

Definetly enjoying the ride. But I just dont think we would have to win out or win the SEC tourney to get in the dance. If we go 4-1 oveer the next 5 and win a couple in the SEC tourney, with our second half resume I think we get in. IMO

Also believe KY and maybe Ark. both play their way OUT!

Definetly enjoying the ride. But I just dont think we would have to win out or win the SEC tourney to get in the dance. If we go 4-1 oveer the next 5 and win a couple in the SEC tourney, with our second half resume I think we get in. IMO

Also believe KY and maybe Ark. both play their way OUT!

I agree with you with KY, they will play their way out. Florida is locked, Alabama is solid, and I think Ole Miss takes the last spot. Again, I'm not trying to be pessimistic. We have a lot going for us but once again, we just didn't get hot early enough. But I do think that we can do some damage in Nashville in the tourney. We are that middle of the pack team that is hot and clicking at the right time that can make their way through. I'm excited about the way our team has played this last week. It resembles what Tennessee basketball should. Fast, scrappy, resilient.

I agree with you with KY, they will play their way out. Florida is locked, Alabama is solid, and I think Ole Miss takes the last spot. Again, I'm not trying to be pessimistic. We have a lot going for us but once again, we just didn't get hot early enough. But I do think that we can do some damage in Nashville in the tourney. We are that middle of the pack team that is hot and clicking at the right time that can make their way through. I'm excited about the way our team has played this last week. It resembles what Tennessee basketball should. Fast, scrappy, resilient.

No doubt!!! I knew your were a half full person. You just needed a little re-fill.

Gotta remember a BIG factor the selction committee uses; how teams finish the season. Personally I dont care if Ole Miss and Alabama have one or even 2 more wins over all than us. As long as we get to 21 wins. Their RPI is in the triple digits still, I think. I know when we played Ole Miss their RPI was 222. They know a 40 or 50 RPI with 21 wins is better than a 22 or 23 win team with a 123 RPI. I hope...

VN Store

Back