The Enigmatic Jordan McRae...

Why does he look like Michael Jordan McCrae on some nights and Barbara Jordan McCrae on others?

Great line ! Also a very good question. I have always thought he had great potential, but he could just never put it all together. I think his handle has gotten better and now he can drive a little without getting stripped, as well as pull up for the shorter mid range jumpers. He used to rely too much on the three ball.

Don't expect this to be the regular. Does he have the capability, sure...but it's unlikely he goes 6-6 from three every night.

What he's doing a better job of is getting in the lane where his length is effective and getting to the line. If the 3 point shot is falling its basically just icing on the cake and he becomes an impossible guard.

Every shooter has a bad game from time to time, or maybe they are the focus of the defense, or the offense is focused on the inside game. He's having a very good year. You can't expect him to put up 20 every night.

I've said it before, I will again. He is a poor man's J.R. Smith. Not as athletic and not as consistent (better mid range game though). He is as apt to win you a game single handedly as he is to lose you five straight. You just roll with it.

Golden coming back has taken some of the pressure off McRae and allowed him to focus more on scoring.

This. Playing the point, scoring, playing D and rebounding as he had to do wore him out. Now that Golden is back and Stokes is controlling the inside, McRae can do his thing. Talented guy that languished on the bench for a year so Bruce could play his son and McBee. Learned Zo's system last season, got stronger, and now has been cut loose to make it happen.

Reactions: 1 person
Jordan McRae has been fantastic this year. He's had one bad stretch and that's when he had to play point guard.

Reactions: 2 people
one thing i've noticed is he has somewhat stopped with the dramatics like head flailing and trying to draw a foul and has just attacked the basket and focused on the rim. More focused. More under control. More confidence.

one thing i've noticed is he has somewhat stopped with the dramatics like head flailing and trying to draw a foul and has just attacked the basket and focused on the rim. More focused. More under control. More confidence.

If you look at his jump shot, he's much more balanced, going north/south, not east/west. And he's tucked his elbow in more, which makes his mechanics smoother.

Jordan McRae has become a very reliable and consistent player in the last 10 games. He has arrived and he will give us great games the rest of this season and next.

Why does Elston Turner go for 40 one night, then 4 the next? Then 5 one night and then 37 the next?

Just streaky players. But McRae has been quite consistent this year- probably most consistent on the team.

If McRae just stays aggressive, then he will be great. As BTO said, his 3 pointer is just gravy.

I'm sorry, but how can anyone be hating on McRae (or McBee) after the past few games? Enjoy it, folks. You are seeing the growth and maturing of a squad, as well as what I believe to be signs that CCM may turn the corner. Even if we miss the Dance, there is a lot to look forward to next year.

I'm sorry, but how can anyone be hating on McRae (or McBee) after the past few games? Enjoy it, folks. You are seeing the growth and maturing of a squad, as well as what I believe to be signs that CCM may turn the corner. Even if we miss the Dance, there is a lot to look forward to next year.

You should know better than that, people on here aren't very rational.

Why does Tiger play like Tiger on some days and like Obama on others?

This thread is stupid. McRae has been the most solid player for us this season. He bring the lunch pail and hustles every single night. He always puts in the effort and scores a lot of points while playing solid defense. What more are you looking for?

This thread is stupid. McRae has been the most solid player for us this season. He bring the lunch pail and hustles every single night. He always puts in the effort and scores a lot of points while playing solid defense. What more are you looking for?

Thank you

McRae has been very consistent compared to the other players on our team. He's done an amazing job and has absolutely no fear. When he starts killing it from downtown, it's over! That guy becomes pretty much unstopable for defenses.

Excellent post.

OP, the real question is...Why/how have we scored more points the last two games than the rest of the season combined?

VN Store

Back