How come we can shoot all of a sudden?

87Vol

Who are these guys and what did they do with the Tennessee Vols?

The Tennessee Vols team I know couldn't hit water from a lifeboat in the middle of the ocean. I don't know what's happening but I like it !!!

Reactions: 3 people
Who are these guys and what did they do with the Tennessee Vols?

The Tennessee Vols team I know couldn't hit water from a lifeboat in the middle of the ocean. I don't know what's happening but I like it !!!

Shooting is a lot about rhythm. Nothing worse for a shooter than having to shoot in a hurry after standing around in a stagnant offense for 30 seconds. Finally figured that out.

Reactions: 3 people
They are running with the ball and taking it to the basket. Opening up the mid range shots.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 1 person
I have noticed the last few games that it seems CCM is calling more set plays and that seems to have resulted in more of a rhythm for the players. More rhythm means more shots made.

Shooting is a lot about rhythm. Nothing worse for a shooter than having to shoot in a hurry after standing around in a stagnant offense for 30 seconds. Finally figured that out.

Well stated. Zo finally changed from a D first, controlled O game to the faster tempo score at will mentality. He didn't back off D being important and they have lapses at times, especially in rebounding. But the ability to score at a faster pace makes up for it

Change in head coach philosophy, plain and simple.

I have noticed the last few games that it seems CCM is calling more set plays and that seems to have resulted in more of a rhythm for the players. More rhythm means more shots made.

If, and I do say if, that's what it is then there is absolutely no excuse for Cuonzo not having done this much much sooner to help our offense.

Let's just enjoy the wins and improved play.

I agree I am enjoying this run. No use crying over spilt milk. We can't get those games back now.

A few games ago I expected us to finish with a losing season. At least that's not likely to happen. Given where we were just a short time ago, even the NIT is looking pretty good.

All terrible shooting teams have breakout games that convince themselves they can shoot.

I gave up on this team...I'm owning up..if they keep this up no one will be happier about being wrong. I just didn't see any life or soul in Cuonzo's crew...is Golden that much of a difference?

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back