Maymon is to UT. As Noel is to UK

#27VFL

With Maymon out we are a 600 ball club. If we had Maymon I feel that we are a top 10 team at this point. Losing your best player and the heart of your team is everything. UK showed us first hand. I for one am one of those guys who have bashed on Cuonzo this season for not being a top 25 team. But after watching UK implode i can say that I was VERY wrong. This team is going to be Amazing next year. Maymon, stokes, McRae, Hubbs, Richardson will all be scoring beasts. Our team defensive effort and intensity has grown every game this year. Hope to carry that into next season and sweep the mildcats, gators, and bulldogs next season

Reactions: 6 people
With Maymon out we are a 600 ball club. If we had Maymon I feel that we are a top 10 team at this point. Losing your best player and the heart of your team is everything. UK showed us first hand. I for one am one of those guys who have bashed on Cuonzo this season for not being a top 25 team. But after watching UK implode i can say that I was VERY wrong. This team is going to be Amazing next year. Maymon, stokes, McRae, Hubbs, Richardson will all be scoring beasts. Our team defensive effort and intensity has grown every game this year. Hope to carry that into next season and sweep the mildcats, gators, and bulldogs next season

so true

I was waiting on this post.....our fans crack me up.

I wish we had Maymon, but let's not go overboard. Saying we'd be a Top 10 team with him is definitely overboard.

I agree that Maymon hurts more than some want to believe. It is evident by Stokes' improvement. Stokes wasn't used to being doubled, and it took a while for him to understand. A healthy Maymon really frees up Stokes. However, we need a true PG. I think CCM understands that because they are still evaluating, but we need someone who can handle, facilitate, and keep an opposing PG in front on defense. UK will be great next year, and Florida will be very good, especially in the front court.

The loss of Maymon was absolutely huge for this season but Golden's injuries/sub-par play really hurt us as well. Thankfully he seems to be back to normal. Hopefully Maymon is able to come back at 100% next year.

Don't leave Golden out of the picture, and with Moore & Reese with a year under their belt, it could be a special year. Moore is someone to watch IMO.

Reactions: 3 people
Not a chance, unless he gets some very bad advice. Needs at least one more year IMHO

He wouldn't be the first to leave early because of bad advice. I hope he stays, but wouldn't be shocked if he did leave.

I'll tell you this and this is just my opinion. I don't think that Maymon is as big of an impact player as Noel. With that being said, Maymon is the best player on our team but he hasn't played at all this year so we have been able to adjust over time. UK didn't have that chance.

If Maymon had been playing all year and the roles reversed (we lost him just prior to the UK game) we would have been the ones who lost by 30 and reeling for answers.

Still need a top point guard, then we will be sweet 16 bound.:pepper:

UT has had all year to adjust without Maymon. If KY had the same time we would have been fine.

I agree about the adjustment period between the two situations being different due to the timing of the injuries, but UK's lack of even semi-quality depth would make their adjustment more difficult. I think UK has more top-end talent, but UT has way more quality bench depth.

Reactions: 1 person
I agree about the adjustment period between the two situations being different due to the timing of the injuries, but UK's lack of even semi-quality depth would make their adjustment more difficult. I think UK has more top-end talent, but UT has way more quality bench depth.

Kentucky has never had much of a bench under Cal. It makes injuries so devastating.

VN Store

Back