RPI at #69

rocky200663

We are really close to hitting the Top 68 in RPI. If we can get into the mid 40s at some point we go dancing!! Go Vols

If we can win out, i think we can get in because they look at the last 10 games to see how well you are playing and adding a quality win like Florida will help

Would be very awesome to take down the Gators in the same fashion we just dismantled the Mildcats. Don't know that it is realistic to hope for such a result, but still, it would be awesome.

The only bad thing about winning a game like this is looking back as a fan and wondering where things could be right now if they had played as well as they did yesterday for the whole season, especially if only in the area of all of the turnovers caused by errant passes and stupid decisions. Regardless, it's gonna be fun watching them finish out the season if they put forth this much effort from here on out. Really happy for them and what they accomplished yesterday.

Reactions: 2 people
Say what you want about Cuonzo but when I heard we lost Maymon I didn't think we'd ever be in this position. But give the man props he got us there, just watch out playing at GA is a scary game against a hot team. But i'm just really please with how this team has panned out and how they played yesterday with a 30 POINT dismantling of Cal's boys!
Where ya at haters!?:bash:

Reactions: 2 people
I'd say beat 2-3 of UF tex a&m and mizzou plus one win in the sec tourney.

If we could've pulled out that Georgetown came ughh

If we can win out, i think we can get in because they look at the last 10 games to see how well you are playing and adding a quality win like Florida will help

Didn't seem to help us last year after the run they had in Jan & Feb. this team could of been playing like this the whole year. I would like to see them make it but I think it's a little too late.

Didn't seem to help us last year after the run they had in Jan & Feb. this team could of been playing like this the whole year. I would like to see them make it but I think it's a little too late.

Its not too late but nonetheless the Vols still have alot of work to do to get in. It looks almost impossible but if they keep playing at a high level like yesterday they can get there. To me obviously every game is a must win with very little wiggle room maybe 1 loss. They have to get to 20 wins.

We had some TERRIBLE losses last year.

Reason why it didn't help last year we had some BAD loses early in the season. If we win those easy games we were in no doubt about it.

All we had to do was beat Ole Miss...

Say what you want about Cuonzo but when I heard we lost Maymon I didn't think we'd ever be in this position. But give the man props he got us there, just watch out playing at GA is a scary game against a hot team. But i'm just really please with how this team has panned out and how they played yesterday with a 30 POINT dismantling of Cal's boys!
Where ya at haters!?:bash:

Got us to what position? I mean yesterday's win was incredible but we are at .500 sec ball and close to that overall. We are far on the outside looking in. He hasn't gotten us anywhere yet.

Im telling ya guys, that Georgetown debacle could end up haunting us. Hope it doesnt. If we would have beaten them and Okie State, we'd be in for sure with no worrying.

Im telling ya guys, that Georgetown debacle could end up haunting us. Hope it doesnt. If we would have beaten them and Okie State, we'd be in for sure with no worrying.

If we take away any of the 3 early loses we aren't even talking about squeezing in. That would have us 17-7 and about to at least have wins over LSU and a couple others.

Its not too late but nonetheless the Vols still have alot of work to do to get in. It looks almost impossible but if they keep playing at a high level like yesterday they can get there. To me obviously every game is a must win with very little wiggle room maybe 1 loss. They have to get to 20 wins.

I hope they keep playing like they did yesterday. They looked like a team yesterday.

Texas Longhorns 2011-2012

19-12 (9-9)

Goes 1-1 in conference tourney to be 20-13 on selection Sunday.

RPI on Selection Sunday: 50

And made the dance. WVU had a very similar resume and also made it.

Last edited:
Sad thing is that beating KY this year is not even a quality win.

The RPI disagrees. Unless Ky falls out of the Top 100, it's considered a quality win.

UT has 5 quality wins (UMASS, Wichita St, Xavier, Bama, Ky) and 1 questionable loss so far (UGA). Noel was missing when we beat Ky, but we destroyed them. Golden was missing when we lost to UGA.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back