Fast Tempo is Answer?

Dougie_D

It really felt like this team played as if we still had Pearl.

Is CCM going to continue our players to play up tempo more? I really think it's been helping. I think all of our shots were within 7 seconds of getting past half court. We didn't hesitate.

Reactions: 1 person
It really felt like this team played as if we still had Pearl.

Is CCM going to continue our players to play up tempo more? I really think it's been helping. I think all of our shots were within 7 seconds of getting past half court. We didn't hesitate.

Playing up tempo always helped me establish a rhythm on both sides of the floor. That's just from a personal standpoint. I think any team plays all the way around better if they establish energy. This team needed something to be happy about, and I think they are finding it.

I hope so. I told my brother I believed our key to success this game was Cuonzo cutting them loose, letting them jump into pass lanes and play more aggressive D, leading to transition buckets. Hope we keep seeing it!

UT had six fastbreak points. They weren't the 2007 Tennessee Volunteers out there today.

Pushing tempo is fine when you take care of the ball. We don't have a true PG so we don't run break very often. Running the floor is for teams without an inside presences. When Stokes is on the floor it really does us no good to push break all the time because Stokes ends up getting left out of the offense and it causes him to lose his rhythm IMO. Look at how we started the game just feeding Stokes and once Stokes got established we began to run the floor some. Once Stokes was on the bench we really pushed break a lot.

You don't have to play fast break basketball to play faster, transition and motion sets on O. That is what they did today. Much more movement and guys cutting off screens to go with Golden's and McRae's abilities to create. On D they were in the passing lanes more and quicker to front and stay in front of their man. Stokes was a beast inside again.

It looks like instead of trying to continue to force this team to play Cuonzo Martin's style he is letting this team of athletes play their style. The 4 guard lineup is really clicking.

This team does not and frankly cannot push the pace. Right now, they're at the point that they're confident enough to run when the opportunity presents itself, but they're not pushing the issue. We tried a little of that earlier this season, and it was turn over city. We just need to keep doing what we're doing.

This team does not and frankly cannot push the pace. Right now, they're at the point that they're confident enough to run when the opportunity presents itself, but they're not pushing the issue. We tried a little of that earlier this season, and it was turn over city. We just need to keep doing what we're doing.

Exactly. I definitely see it as the players buying into and actually having motion in Martin's motion offense. It is amazing what happens on the offensive and defensive end of the floor when they do what he wants.

CM has made coaching mistakes as they all do, but he has also shown that he will adapt. I've been wanting the 4 guard lineup all year and for us to stop walking the ball up and running a wasted motion offense. We still implement it, but I see us using the high pick and roll more and there is more room for shooters and cutters with the group he has been playing. Getting it down to Stokes early when he has a player pinned is happening more as well. We used to back it out. Now we seem to prefer to attack early, rather than running the shot clock down and forcing a slow tempo half court game. He's found that his players play better when you let them play ball, and that's part of being a good coach.

going 5 of 5 from 3pt range and nearly 60 percent from field will not happen with this team too many times

I may be wrong, but I think all were from penetration and kickouts. Usually form a pretty good rhythm for a shooter if it's in the flow, rather than launching with someone in your face out of shot clock desparation.

I may be wrong, but I think all were from penetration and kickouts. Usually form a pretty good rhythm for a shooter if it's in the flow, rather than launching with someone in your face out of shot clock desparation.

I believe you're right about the 5 attempts. Which means nobody was looking for 3 point shots...great sign.

VN Store

Back