If we win out do we go to tourney or do we have to win sec tourney too ?

If we win out, that's 20 wins and yes we're in.

Personally I think we'll finish rather strong but end up short just like last year. Winning out is a huge mountain to climb.

I honestly think we can go 4-2 to close out, but I think Florida and Georgia will both be tough to win. Florida is by far the best team in the SEC this year an Georgia has really turned it on lately.

Reactions: 1 person
I would say if they go 6-1 in these final 7 (including the 1 SEC Tourney game) then they would probably get in but just depends on the RPI I guess and in that scenario they might need to at least get to the Semi finals of the tourney. But they could do that if they continue to play well.

I think we'll need a win or two in the SEC tourney even if we win out

I think we'll need a win or two in the SEC tourney even if we win out

If they were to win out they would get in the tourney. Hell if they win out they would be 12-6 in the league they would have a nice resume with wins over Ky, Fla, Missouri and Alabama and Wichita St. and UMass. They would have 20 wins so yeah if they could win out they are in IMO. Go Vols!

Reactions: 2 people
I also meant to add that if the Vols win out they would be on a 9 game winning streak as well. You couldn't leave them out of the tourney if they win out. JMO Go Vols!

What y'all think

As I stated yesterday, we are now sitting at 14 wins. We have a quality win against Witchita State & Ky. 18 wins will make us a bubble team and we are not very popular, so at 18 wins, we won't get in but there is that glimmer of hope. If we have 18 wins and so does Providence, Georgetown, etc. then they will get in before us, because of their past popularity.

If we get 20 wins, then we will be in. Florida, A & M, Auburn, Missouri, LSU, UGA, are all on our schedule. Then we hit the S.E.C. tournament, where we could pick up even another win.

So, it is important that we lose only 1 more game, at the
most. I doudt we go very far in the tournament, but it will give us some more exposure and will give Coach Martin and staff a bonus for making the tourney.

Win the sec tourney imo. Now if we won out the regular season I think we would get in. We keep playing the way we have and we will be in every game till the end of the reg season.

If this team can keep today's mojo going and somehow eke out a 12-6 finish in the conference, that's going to make for a quite impressive finish, but I think we'll still need a strong showing in the conference tourney to get an invite to the Big Dance. I doubt the selection committee is not going to look favorably on the SEC this year.

If this team can keep today's mojo going and somehow eke out a 12-6 finish in the conference, that's going to make for a quite impressive finish, but I think we'll still need a strong showing in the conference tourney to get an invite to the Big Dance. I doubt the selection committee is not going to look favorably on the SEC this year.

12-6 and they're in

As I stated yesterday, we are now sitting at 14 wins. We have a quality win against Witchita State & Ky. 18 wins will make us a bubble team and we are not very popular, so at 18 wins, we won't get in but there is that glimmer of hope. If we have 18 wins and so does Providence, Georgetown, etc. then they will get in before us, because of their past popularity.

If we get 20 wins, then we will be in. Florida, A & M, Auburn, Missouri, LSU, UGA, are all on our schedule. Then we hit the S.E.C. tournament, where we could pick up even another win.

So, it is important that we lose only 1 more game, at the
most. I doudt we go very far in the tournament, but it will give us some more exposure and will give Coach Martin and staff a bonus for making the tourney.

VN Store

Back