2014 Illinois PF/C Cliff Alexander

zjcvols

"On a Tennessee saturday night."
Staff member
6'9/240
Chicago, IL
Curie High School

Apparently visited UT today along with five star guard Jaquan Lyle. A consensus top ten player from the city of Chicago, he has offers from Louisville, Michigan State, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio State, Kansas, and Indiana. I don't know how interested he is in UT, but an unofficial visit is still great.

ESPN Evaluation

Strengths:
Alexander is a big mobile post that is a terror on the class. He snatches everything that comes off in his area with force and is not afraid to put hia body on his opponnet. He also was active and blocked shots in and out of his area. Alexander did a great job with screen and roll situations as well. He set wide screens and rolled hard to the rim which he dunk when he received the pocket pass. He also showed a nice hook over his left shoulder. Alexander ran the floor and played with good urgency at all times.

Weaknesses:
Alexander must continue to work to stay in shape so consistent work on strength and conditioning is a must. He must also build his back to the basket moves and learn to face and hit the jumper to about 15 feet and his game goes to the next level.

Bottom Line:
Alexander is a strong and physical post that can rebound, block shots and finish. He plays hard and competes on both ends. He must work to stay in shape and build his offenasive scoring package but this big man has tremendous upside.

I think Lewis confirmed, but not positive.

Lewis is usually solid, so I assume he was, just want to be 100% first.

Getting Alexander......I never even considered that a legitimate possibility, and it still probably isn't, but maybe Webster's work in Chicago can pay off.

Lewis is usually solid, so I assume he was, just want to be 100% first.

Getting Alexander......I never even considered that a legitimate possibility, and it still probably isn't, but maybe Webster's work in Chicago can pay off.

Yea I was shocked to see his name. Lewis was too, said it was random but it could get very interesting with him visiting like this.

You have to imagine these guys had a blast...the FB guys for junior day too were there...great day for UT athletics.

Yea I was shocked to see his name. Lewis was too, said it was random but it could get very interesting with him visiting like this.

You have to imagine these guys had a blast...the FB guys for junior day too were there...great day for UT athletics.

absolutely. Great day for the current and futures of our big sports with so much talent on campus to see such a great game.

Would love to get a big man like this. It says he's 6'9". Do you know if he's done growing or not?

I suspect he was here to see the Wildcats but the Vols gave him something to think about. GBO!!!

6'9/240
Chicago, IL
Curie High School

Apparently visited UT today along with five star guard Jaquan Lyle. A consensus top ten player from the city of Chicago, he has offers from Louisville, Michigan State, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio State, Kansas, and Indiana. I don't know how interested he is in UT, but an unofficial visit is still great.

ESPN Evaluation

Strengths:
Alexander is a big mobile post that is a terror on the class. He snatches everything that comes off in his area with force and is not afraid to put hia body on his opponnet. He also was active and blocked shots in and out of his area. Alexander did a great job with screen and roll situations as well. He set wide screens and rolled hard to the rim which he dunk when he received the pocket pass. He also showed a nice hook over his left shoulder. Alexander ran the floor and played with good urgency at all times.

Weaknesses:
Alexander must continue to work to stay in shape so consistent work on strength and conditioning is a must. He must also build his back to the basket moves and learn to face and hit the jumper to about 15 feet and his game goes to the next level.

Bottom Line:
Alexander is a strong and physical post that can rebound, block shots and finish. He plays hard and competes on both ends. He must work to stay in shape and build his offenasive scoring package but this big man has tremendous upside.

"Terror on the CLASS", why yes he would be a terror on the 2014 class.:)

VN Store

Back