tobias harris

franklinboy

anybody know how he is doing in the nba? if martin had him maymon and stokes it would easily be the top frontcourt in the country..bar none

anybody know how he is doing in the nba? if martin had him maymon and stokes it would easily be the top frontcourt in the country..bar none

Riding the pine in Milwaukee last I checked; he was doing well for a while but I think he fell off a bit...

Reactions: 1 person
Harris tore it up in the summer league, earned the starting 3 spot by the beginning of the season, then lost it a few games in. Not getting many minutes.

I wish the best for him. That said, there are worse things than being an NBA journeyman/reserve for a few years. I'd do it.

The one and done is so detrimental to the NBA and to the players. It's not good for anyone. Maybe the new commissioner will finally change the rules.

Reactions: 2 people
I agree...assuming you mean "...let THEM go..."

I think the rule should mirror college baseball. Leave after HS if you want, but if you go to school, you must stay three years.

Baseball says you can go after high school, but if you go to school, you have to wait until you're 21 or 3 years (if attending a 4-year school, no minimum for Junior College). For a few players, it can be after the sophomore year, if they are 21. But I agree, it should be mirrored.

I always thought the ceiling on Tobias Harris was something around Shane Battier at the NBA level because he lacks the pure athleticism required to be a star. I think he was wise to make the jump when he did with his stock being so high.

I wish they'd do it like baseball. You wanna go out of high school fine, but you come to college and you're there for 3 years.

I love this idea. I'm even ok with two years. I think more NBA teams would really start taken more looks at seniors and juniors on higher picks if this happened as well, which I think is a very good thing. The NBA just isn't made for most 18/19 year old kids. Even Davis has struggled this year and is only averaging 7 rebounds a game.

If Harris was here its likely stokes wouldn't be.

You talking about from a playing time stand point? or from a scholarship standpoint?

Personally, I think the person that would have suffered most had Tobias stayed would have been Maymon. Not sure Tobias and Maymon could have been on the floor together for long stretches.

I always thought the ceiling on Tobias Harris was something around Shane Battier at the NBA level because he lacks the pure athleticism required to be a star. I think he was wise to make the jump when he did with his stock being so high.

He's more skilled then Battier offensive wise, but his problem is he doesn't have the speed to defend the 3 position in the NBA or the size to really bang down low with the four men. I think Boris Diaw would be a better comparison for him. Hes a jack of all trades that when placed in the right system he can really produce all across the stat sheet.

You talking about from a playing time stand point? or from a scholarship standpoint?

Personally, I think the person that would have suffered most had Tobias stayed would have been Maymon. Not sure Tobias and Maymon could have been on the floor together for long stretches.

Unless Tobias became more of a 3 which may have helped him going into the league.

He's more skilled then Battier offensive wise, but his problem is he doesn't have the speed to defend the 3 position in the NBA or the size to really bang down low with the four men. I think Boris Diaw would be a better comparison for him. Hes a jack of all trades that when placed in the right system he can really produce all across the stat sheet.

It was just a comparison in terms of production you can expect, not really skillset. My point is that Harris seems like the type of player that will hang around the leage for a long time as a glue guy, but never be much more than that.

VN Store

Back