CCM would be wise to change

Plateauvol

his recruiting emphasis. Instead of bringing in only those players who are defense first players, he should bring in at least one offense first player every year along with the defensive minded players. He would thus always have at least two or three scorers that he can put on the floor at any given time who can also play defense within his system. :twocents:

Reactions: 2 people
his recruiting emphasis. Instead of bringing in only those players who are defense first players, he should bring in at least one offense first player every year along with the defensive minded players. He would thus always have at least two or three scorers that he can put on the floor at any given time who can also play defense within his system. :twocents:

You do realize he is bringing one of the top scoring SG's in the country, right?

Reactions: 1 person
If he finds a solid PG to bring in with HUbbs...add that to Stokes and Mayman...Still have Jordan and hope this season is just a prelude to his sr year...you'll have a top 25 team easy! As usual, the word of all words with Vol fans, "IF"!!!

Between Hubbs, Maymon, Stokes, Golden, McRae, and Richardson will all be able to score 10+ on any given night.

recruit basketball players who can score points.....:question:

that's so crazy it just might work!

Robert Hubbs - Yahoo! Sports

Hubbs is a great, great I tell ya, move in this direction. OPs original thought is regarding a philosophical change for CCM. Definitely needs to mix in some guys who can "score the basketball"(said in my Coach K voice) with an emphasis on versatile true point guards. Got enough athletic long defensive minded guys on the roster right now.

Your :twocents: is :crazy:

Your :twocents: is :crazy:

At least I've got :twocents:. Oh, and by the way, I am familiar with Hubbs. What I would like to see is at least one good offensive player brought in EVERY YEAR!!!!! Not just every second or third year. A true point would also go a long way toward stabilizing the team.

Dang if Josh Richardson dont get better every game. His D has always been strong, but my man found himself a jumper since he has been here. Cause that shot was kinda broke when he came.

Next year should be a pretty good indicator of how good we can/will be under CCM. With Maymon coming back and the additions of Hubbs(instant offense) no way we should finish worse than 3rd in the SEC and top 25 in the country. IMO

And I think that might be conservative.

Even though Landry isnt really sought after, just having a D-1 calliber point guard to spell Golden will help a ton. IMO

VN Store

Back