UT self-reports 10 violations in athletics since August

Not really sure...but I'd say we're in the clear, unless someone took a pic of it and the NCAA asks CCM about it and he denies it. :)

3 violations....

1. Three of the violations were in men’s basketball, including a violation reported in September related to an open practice before UT’s football game against Florida that was attended by basketball prospect Robert Hubbs. UT said visiting prospects on official visits were “permitted to shoot on the court while the coaches were present.”

Coaches were admonished and the university said it provided rules education for courses and UT staff members who were “involved in the decision to open the concourse of Thompson-Boling Arena.”

Hubbs signed with Tennessee last November.

2. Men’s basketball players received “impermissible personal grocery shopping services” during the summer semesters in 2012. They were required to repay the benefit to charity. Reported Oct. 23, 2012.

3.The NCAA men’s basketball focus group, a team of NCAA investigators focused on men’s basketball, said a secondary violation occurred because the men’s basketball team camp registration process was different than other camps. UT referred to it as an “alleged” inconsistency in the camp registration process and did not hand out additional penalties.

3 violations....

1. Three of the violations were in men’s basketball, including a violation reported in September related to an open practice before UT’s football game against Florida that was attended by basketball prospect Robert Hubbs. UT said visiting prospects on official visits were “permitted to shoot on the court while the coaches were present.”

Coaches were admonished and the university said it provided rules education for courses and UT staff members who were “involved in the decision to open the concourse of Thompson-Boling Arena.”

Hubbs signed with Tennessee last November.

2. Men’s basketball players received “impermissible personal grocery shopping services” during the summer semesters in 2012. They were required to repay the benefit to charity. Reported Oct. 23, 2012.

3.The NCAA men’s basketball focus group, a team of NCAA investigators focused on men’s basketball, said a secondary violation occurred because the men’s basketball team camp registration process was different than other camps. UT referred to it as an “alleged” inconsistency in the camp registration process and did not hand out additional penalties.

So what do you think is going to happen?

So what do you think is going to happen?

Lol nothing. Programs don't get penalized for those types of violations. They likely require coaches to take a class, which Tennessee compliance apparently already has had them do.

It's like the rock, that's a secondary violation for names to be painted on it, but it happens. The only violation the staff probably knew about was the Hubbs and the open practice, because I asked how they were doing it at the time. It seems like maybe they just said F it, we want Hubbs to get the exposure so they'll take the slap on the wrist. The other 2 violations seem more like procedure issues, and paperwork...nothing to see.

such petty things

on a side note, is the KNS getting a little too snarky with UT?

The News-Sentinel’s most recent request for self-reported NCAA violations was submitted on Jan. 11. The university did not respond in the seven business days required by law and still has not provided the News Sentinel the requested documents.

Reactions: 5 people
Lol nothing. Programs don't get penalized for those types of violations. They likely require coaches to take a class, which Tennessee compliance apparently already has had them do.

It's like the rock, that's a secondary violation for names to be painted on it, but it happens. The only violation the staff probably knew about was the Hubbs and the open practice, because I asked how they were doing it at the time. It seems like maybe they just said F it, we want Hubbs to get the exposure so they'll take the slap on the wrist. The other 2 violations seem more like procedure issues, and paperwork...nothing to see.

Rock on

I was at that open practice where Hubbs was shooting on the floor, it was before the Florida game last fall. Had I only known what a grievous offense it was I would have put a stop to the whole thing immediately.

Reactions: 1 person
I was at that open practice where Hubbs was shooting on the floor, it was before the Florida game last fall. Had I only known what a grievous offense it was I would have put a stop to the whole thing immediately.

The university will be sending you a letter of disassociation.

Bout had all I want from the ncaa keystone cops. They want to enforce some obscure bs and let the real stuff go on as usual. You can give em cars, cash, women, grades, but don't EVER lie to the ncaa nazis. That means it is all about THEM----not the culprits. Total Joke. And the sanctions against the Current Penn Staters was a reach beyond their jurisdiction----IMO. Make me laugh; nc2a.

Bout had all I want from the ncaa keystone cops. They want to enforce some obscure bs and let the real stuff go on as usual. You can give em cars, cash, women, grades, but don't EVER lie to the ncaa nazis. That means it is all about THEM----not the culprits. Total Joke. And the sanctions against the Current Penn Staters was a reach beyond their jurisdiction----IMO. Make me laugh; nc2a.

Preach it brotha!!

VN Store

Back