The Official Tennessee @ South Carolina Game Thread, 1:00pm ET, FSS

YankeeVol

To some, war is hell. To us, it’s sanctuary.
Tennessee Volunteers: 11-10 (3-6 SEC)

Tennessee_Basketball_Logo_Pratt_1___t588.jpg

@

South Carolina Gamecocks: 12-10 (2-7 SEC)

south-carolina-gamecocks.gif

1:00 PM ET, February 10, 2013
Colonial Life Arena, Columbia, SC

Coverage: FSS

Spread: UT -1.5
O/U: 128.0

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I'm honesty shocked that we are still favored on the road, if only by a point and a half, regardless of the competition.

Golden is supposed to be back today, right? If so, that should help out the offense. This is definitely a must win game.

Tennessee loses this and the season may completely fall apart...we'll see if this team has any fight left.

I'm gonna be my optimistic self and say sitting on th bench will have brought us back the real golden...

70-58 Vols

I think we come out with a little fight after that ugly home loss to Georgia. McRae and Stokes both need big games along with an impact from one of the freshman.
64-58 Vols

The Martin v. Martin match up is another must win. It's always tough to win on the road, but this a chance to salvage something this season with a win. Get some positive energy out of the team down the stretch.

I think we will shoot poorly on the road and turnovers will continue to plague.

The game stays close despite ourselves.

56-60 SC

Tennessee loses this and the season may completely fall apart...we'll see if this team has any fight left.

I'm gonna be my optimistic self and say sitting on th bench will have brought us back the real golden...

70-58 Vols

The season fell apart last game. Nothing to play for except a NIT bid.

SC wins a close one. Curious to see how many fans actually show up for this game.

The season fell apart last game. Nothing to play for except a NIT bid.

SC wins a close one. Curious to see how many fans actually show up for this game.

As unlikely as it is, they're not mathematically out of the NCAA tournament yet. If, and yes I emphasize the IF, they win out, that puts them at 20 wins, and should be in the NCAA.

We are 3-6 in the SEC. If we lose this, I think the next two (@Vandy, KY) become a given to make us 3-9. If we win today, perhaps the momentum carries us to a win in Nashville, and then the KY game would mean something.

Wonder what the attendance will be.

SC's last home game was against GA. Little over 11,000 was listed as the attendance. Don't know if that's tickets sold or actual people there.

I would say 7,000 today.

Never thought I could care so little about a Tennessee basketball game.

Yeah, I'll watch, since it's one of the few times all year I haven't been busy during a game. And I'll cheer the same as always, but if we lose I won't be overly upset.

When you're already out of bubble contention in early-mid February, and when your ceiling is the NIT, it's really hard to care about the rest of the season. I'm just saying.

The Martin v. Martin match up is another must win. It's always tough to win on the road, but this a chance to salvage something this season with a win. Get some positive energy out of the team down the stretch.

The NCAA tourney is not happening, unless you win the SEC tourney.

Right now, that's the goal. Build up the team and try to make an SEC tourney run.

As unlikely as it is, they're not mathematically out of the NCAA tournament yet. If, and yes I emphasize the IF, they win out, that puts them at 20 wins, and should be in the NCAA.

If UT could ever find out how to cut down the turnovers, they could beat anyone on their schedule...not because they are any good, but because the SEC is so freaking bad.

But we are talking astronomically impossible right here.

If UT could ever find out how to cut down the turnovers, they could beat anyone on their schedule...not because they are any good, but because the SEC is so freaking bad.

But we are talking astronomically impossible right here.

I agree to that last part, but we've seen it happen before, and there have been stranger things to happen. But, like in baseball, I won't throw in the towel until the numbers say it can't happen.

I agree to that last part, but we've seen it happen before, and there have been stranger things to happen. But, like in baseball, I won't throw in the towel until the numbers say it can't happen.

If UT won these last games, they would have four road wins in conference and beaten 3-4 NCAA tourney teams.

Committee loves team that finish strong and the resume isn't teeming with bad losses. Only one or two.

VN Store

Back