Martin Approval Thread part 2

Hire or Fire

• Total voters
If we don't play well/make the tournament next year with the talent/experience we'll have then he's not our guy. This season was going to be rough without Maymon, obviously it'd be even more rough without Golden.

Team couldabsolutley play harder and smarter. If they dont want to be there, quit the team and do something else. PLay with a little attitude for gawds sake or go home. Also, take care of the ball, every possesion is important, not just last 2-3 minutes each half.

I hate to be that guy, but we can't make a true decision until after next year. With the pieces we have coming in, there won't be any excuses. It's still just sad how this season has gone though.

It's difficult to judge because the team really isn't that good talent wise. Now with Maymon and Golden out, it's pretty much just Stokes. That being said, I haven't seen anything to suggest Martin can coach, and I've been looking. Fence I guess until next year.

Martin did an awesome job an Mo. State, but so far this team is really disappointing, even without Maymon they shouldn't be this bad

Reactions: 1 person
I wouldn't say fire him now, but he hasn't given us much reason to believe he can succeed at this level.

I'm somewhere between 'on the fence' and 'fire.'

Ask this same question this time next year...it may actually be worth discussing then. However, Martin is going to get next year regardless (and probably 2 more) so y'all may as well get used to him.

Martin did an awesome job an Mo. State, but so far this team is really disappointing, even without Maymon they shouldn't be this bad

I think that Missouri State deal is being overblown a bit. Martin had one terrible season (11-20), one good season (24-12, but he finished seventh in the MVC and the win total was padded by 5 wins in the Commissioner's Invitational Tournament) and one very good season (26-9 and won the MVC). None of those seasons got him in the NCAA.

He did well, but awesome would have gotten him in the tournament at least once.

Ask this same question this time next year...it may actually be worth discussing then. However, Martin is going to get next year regardless (and probably 2 more) so y'all may as well get used to him.

He had better get to the tourney next year, even win a couple of games. No way he gets an additional year if they suck again next year.

He had better get to the tourney next year, even win a couple of games. No way he gets an additional year if they suck again next year.

Well you're not in charge, and Rob Lewis said he gets the vibe from Hart (the guy who is in charge) that CCM will get 2 more years unless next year is just terrible.

He needs to atleast make the dance next year...there's certain scenarios from there that'd decide how I feel.

It's clear Martin is a mid major coach at best. If he has some significant changes on his staff this spring there could be hope. If it's the same band playing next year, no reason to think the song will be any better.

It's clear Martin is a mid major coach at best. If he has some significant changes on his staff this spring there could be hope. If it's the same band playing next year, no reason to think the song will be any better.

By your account, we will be exactly no better with Maymon and Hubbs. Their presence is going to make exactly 0 difference for next year. I guess you can go ahead and chalk up next season as below .500.

Or you could just SEE WHAT F***ING HAPPENS LIKE A REASONABLE PERSON.

By your account, we will be exactly no better with Maymon and Hubbs. Their presence is going to make exactly 0 difference for next year. I guess you can go ahead and chalk up next season as below .500.

Or you could just SEE WHAT F***ING HAPPENS LIKE A REASONABLE PERSON.

I'd rather see a significant upgrade to the staff than count on a guy with bum knees that hasn't practiced in half a year and a true freshman. This is a crew that lost to UGA at home for crying out loud.

I'd rather see a significant upgrade to the staff than count on a guy with bum knees that hasn't practiced in half a year and a true freshman. This is a crew that lost to UGA at home for crying out loud.

I don't know if it will be an upgrade, but we will have a new coach if we can't get to the NCAA next season.

Yeah, we suck right now. It's not a secret. Firing Martin right now and hiring anyone short of Izzo, Williams, K, Cal, etc. would only exacerbate the problem. We see what happens next year, and if we still suck, it will be much easier to hire a quality coach. Not only that, but we will seem much more stable to recruits and their coaches.

I don't know if it will be an upgrade, but we will have a new coach if we can't get to the NCAA next season.

Yeah, we suck right now. It's not a secret. Firing Martin right now and hiring anyone short of Izzo, Williams, K, Cal, etc. would only exacerbate the problem. We see what happens next year, and if we still suck, it will be much easier to hire a quality coach. Not only that, but we will seem much more stable to recruits and their coaches.

I'm not advocating firing Martin - we've made the bed we lay in. What would generate a shread of optimism is if he brings in some new staff. This one is terrible. Fouls and turnovers are a symptom of fundamentals, and this team is lacking those on the sec level.

VN Store

Back