Kenny Hall arrested... For Invalid Driver's License

bleedingTNorange

For driving on a suspended license...

"I don't know all the details, but from what I know sounds pretty minor. *We're digging to make sure, but as of now I don't think there was anything to it other than a previously unpaid ticket (since paid) that resulted in the suspended license. As some others below noted, not sure why that escalated into a full-blown arrest. Coach Martin is generally pretty tough about discipline, but unless something comes out about this that's unknown at the moment I would be surprised if he goes over the top on this with Hall."

"We are making sure there's not anymore to it, but at the moment, like I posted above, doesn't appear that there was anything going on other than the suspended license that was for an unpaid ticket, that had been paid off but that Kenny didn't have proof of payment for on his person."

"Now, I don't know if he has previous traffic violations in Knox Co. that would have influenced matters, but for the moment the issue doesn't seem like a huge deal other than the fact that he was actually arrested."

-Rob Lewis

Obviously not good, but did KPD really have to arrest him? They are one of the most overboard campus police units I've ever heard of.

Reactions: 1 person
Kenny Hall's career at UT has been a sad story... Kid had all the raw tools to be a solid player for us, but seems to never really cared enough to quit getting into trouble and goofing off when he's not on the court. Wish he would've gotten serious about his game early on in his career. It's a shame to see kids like this waste God given talent.

From a quick Google, seems like driving with a suspended license is something you can get arrested for (though I didn't get a really clear answer).

My best guess is that Kenny had his license suspended at some point, paid his fine as mentioned in the quote, but did not get his license reinstated. Therefore, he was still driving on a suspended license.

For driving on a suspended license...

"I don't know all the details, but from what I know sounds pretty minor. *We're digging to make sure, but as of now I don't think there was anything to it other than a previously unpaid ticket (since paid) that resulted in the suspended license. As some others below noted, not sure why that escalated into a full-blown arrest. Coach Martin is generally pretty tough about discipline, but unless something comes out about this that's unknown at the moment I would be surprised if he goes over the top on this with Hall."

"We are making sure there's not anymore to it, but at the moment, like I posted above, doesn't appear that there was anything going on other than the suspended license that was for an unpaid ticket, that had been paid off but that Kenny didn't have proof of payment for on his person."

"Now, I don't know if he has previous traffic violations in Knox Co. that would have influenced matters, but for the moment the issue doesn't seem like a huge deal other than the fact that he was actually arrested."

-Rob Lewis

Dang City Hall can't keep as good a records as Kenny. :)

I am sure this is all KPD's fault and most defintely not Kenny Hall who has been nothing but a model citizen.

If it was already paid and he just didn't have proof on him this means literally nothing. He just took a ride to the police department before they could verify his payment.

If it was already paid and he just didn't have proof on him this means literally nothing. He just took a ride to the police department before they could verify his payment.

I bet he paid the ticket, but didn't get his license reinstated. No way they would have gone through the entire procedure if he did, in fact, have a valid license the whole time.

I have some experience with this. If you pull a guy over, run his license and it comes back suspended, he's goin to jail. In some situations you can write a ticket in lieu of arrest, but this is for an unpaid ticket, so no officer I ever knew let someone go for driving on suspended. If you went 10-8 instead of notifying dispatch you had one in route, you're lieutenant would be calling u pretty damn quick asking what in the hell you were doin. Been five years since I was in that line of work so things may have changed but highly doubt it.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back