SEC Men's BBall Tourney Question...

gardners_51609

Get Heuped Up!
So with the new additions of Mizzou and Texas A&M, how is the tourney format going to change?

It used to be that 4 teams received a bye, while 8 played. And then after the first round there were just 8 remaining.

Now with 14 teams that scenario appears not to work. The only option I would say is if the top 2 teams had a bye.

Does anyone know how the official format looks?

top 10 get a bye. top 4 get double bye. 11 plays 14 and 12 plays 13. next round will be 5 vs 12-13 winner, and 6 vs 11-14 winner. 7vs10 and 8vs9 will also play in this round. the rest is pretty easy to figure out.

Reactions: 1 person
we better win the tourney or well be NIT bound.....

Oh you already know the rest of the outcomes for the regular season? Can you tell me the powerball for tomorrow please. We still have A LOT. Of games left before we need to worry about winning the SEC tourney. I'm not saying we are NCAA bound but let it play out.

We are entering a stretch of some very winnable games, & are off to a good start w/ the win over ala. GO VOLS!

We are entering a stretch of some very winnable games, & are off to a good start w/ the win over ala. GO VOLS!

They could potentially win 6 straight. Just looked at the schedule and 20 wins in the regular season is not unfathomable.

I agree I think they win 10 or 11 SEC games this season which would make them win 18 or 19 on the year. There are a trio of tough games left on the sEC schedule and they are Florida, Kentucky and Mizzou. We have to beat at least 1 of these 3 to win 20 on the season and that is very possible. But fortunately we are home for all three. We have already played 5 of our 8 toughest games.

Reactions: 1 person
top 10 get a bye. top 4 get double bye. 11 plays 14 and 12 plays 13. next round will be 5 vs 12-13 winner, and 6 vs 11-14 winner. 7vs10 and 8vs9 will also play in this round. the rest is pretty easy to figure out.

Another way to say it is 11 through 14 have play in games (11vs14 and 12vs13 like you said, on Wednesday night I think), then it's business as usual for the old 12 team format.

I agree I think they win 10 or 11 SEC games this season which would make them win 18 or 19 on the year. There are a trio of tough games left on the sEC schedule and they are Florida, Kentucky and Mizzou. We have to beat at least 1 of these 3 to win 20 on the season and that is very possible. But fortunately we are home for all three. We have already played 5 of our 8 toughest games.

Bingo! Now we just need to go out and do it. I haven't lost faith. We can do it. Just have to be tough through these games.

VN Store

Back