Armani Moore last five games

zjcvols

"On a Tennessee saturday night."
Staff member
Shooting slash line: 44.4/40/50 (his attempts on shots is low, so take these with a grain of salt)

23.2 mpg
4.0 ppg
6.8 rpg
1.8 stocks per game (blocks plus steals)
1.0 topg

Those are nice averages. Also, his defense is getting better every game.

The Vols have played better the last five games. Armani is a big reason why.

I actually wish he would be more aggressive offensively. He is very strong and can finish in traffic, plus he has a decent stroke from outside range.

Reactions: 2 people
Shooting slash line: 44.4/40/50 (his attempts on shots is low, so take these with a grain of salt)

23.2 mpg
4.0 ppg
6.8 rpg
1.8 stocks per game (blocks plus steals)
1.0 topg

Those are nice averages. Also, his defense is getting better every game.

The Vols have played better the last five games. Armani is a big reason why.

I actually wish he would be more aggressive offensively. He is very strong and can finish in traffic, plus he has a decent stroke from outside range.

As his ball-handling and offensive decision-making improve, his offensive output probably will increase. When he makes a mistake, you can sort of see him rein himself in from an aggressiveness standpoint, which can be both good and bad. It shows he has some self-control and self-awareness. I just hope he doesn't carry it too far to the point of playing in fear of making a mistake. I want him to stay aggressive, but with discernment.

He has shown a nice midrange game much like josh, abs he's a great finisher when getting to the hoop...with some more confidence he's gonna turn out to have been a great get.

He rebounds so well, and that's such an asset to have from the guard position.

You need to post his assists per game during your five game review. I think he makes good entry passes to the interior as well. You really need to look at his rebounds in light of his minutes played. Much like when Maymon was only getting a few minutes here or there when he was a Soph and playing behind Steven Pearl. If Moore was playing 30- 35 minutes a game he would be averaging 10-12 rebounds a game. Insane numbers for a guard - and much like Maymon - he has crazy good instincts for rebounding. His offensive game is somewhat similar to Richardson although he seems a little longer and I haven't seen a mid-range jumper. He should only get better with playing time imo. Like the rest of the team - can't shoot from the outside - can't recall how he looked at the free throw line or if he has even shot any.

Another thing that stands out is his passing the ball. He could be the best on the team when he dishes to an open man under the basket.

He's progressed better and looks like a better play than Golden at this point in his career. I know Moore has more of a role than Golden did as a freshman but I really like this kids length and he looks like he's going to jump out of the gym when he's going for a block. I love how he seems to do the fundamental things correct and could teach a couple of our bigger guys how to properly box out.

The only bad thing about the last two games are his turnovers. Other than that, he's been solid.

He has shown a nice midrange game much like josh, abs he's a great finisher when getting to the hoop...with some more confidence he's gonna turn out to have been a great get.

Yes. Rebounds extremely well. And with that length, he's able to block shots and create some turnovers.

As a freshman, he's in a very good spot right now. Just need to work on his A/TO

This really stands out to me with Moore. I'm far from a talent evaluator but it's hard to miss the way he jumps and comes down with defensive boards.

This really stands out to me with Moore. I'm far from a talent evaluator but it's hard to miss the way he jumps and comes down with defensive boards.

Love how he rebounds with authority, Kenny should take a few notes. He goes up and snatches that ball and bring it to both hands STRONG, I love it.

He has been the player that has really jumped out at me the last few games. I think he's gonna be a good one.

What I like about him is he can give you mins at the small fwd position because his D is solid, rebounds well and if I am not mistaken probably leads the guards in block shots.

What I like about him is he can give you mins at the small fwd position because his D is solid, rebounds well and if I am not mistaken probably leads the guards in block shots.

He has 9 blocks in 178 minutes of play. That is a higher rate than anyone on our team, not just the guards.

Yep. He has good timing for blocking shots. He's definitely one of the more athletic guys on the team.

And when it comes to his scoring, I think he's passed up several good looks in the past few games because he's had success finding our post players when he drives. Some of those assists could've easily been potential points.

With the way Moore looked at the beginning of the season and now, it's pretty damn exciting to see how much he has added to this team. He still needs to work on his ball handling (as the entire team does), but he is getting quality minutes. His rebounding and shot blocking have been major boosts. If Kenny Hall could give half the effort at rebounding the ball that Moore does then this would be a much better team.

Somebody, can't remember who it was, said Moore was his favorite player a few games back. Most everyone, myself included, kinda laughed at the guy. Whoever it was, come forward and take a bow. Lol

Reactions: 1 person
Somebody, can't remember who it was, said Moore was his favorite player a few games back. Most everyone, myself included, kinda laughed at the guy. Whoever it was, come forward and take a bow. Lol

Wasn't me, but I've defended him as a solid pickup when other people were writing him off.

It was volbeast. He called that right before Moore really started to heat up.

No reason not to get it to Moore on the wing and send stokes out for a pick and roll, while clearing everybody out, including having Kenny hall standing at half court and as far away from the action as possible. He'll have a better view from farther away anyway.

VN Store

Back