No interest in CCM ball???

bleedingTNorange

“@BFQuinn: With UT finances back in the news, I should note men's hoops was on Forbes' list of the 20 “most valuable” cbb programs in 2011 and 2012”

“@BFQuinn: Forbes showed Tennessee hoops with a value of $12.7 million and a profit of $6.9 million in 2011-12.”

And attendance is up so far this year, I find that interesting judging the vibe and feelings of many on here.

Reactions: 4 people
The attendance kind of surprised me for the Bama game. I recognize they're a supposed rival (not as important in basketball that's for sure). This team had lost quite a bit in the past month and still draws a strong crowd. That's definitely a positive sign.

Reactions: 2 people
That is nice and dandy, but you know the reason that is possible is because Bruce Freaking Pearl. Don't kid yourself in to think Martin started this, he may get lucky and maintain it. Your love for Martin is kind of like blind faith...they need to go to the tournament before he is anything close to Pearl.

Reactions: 13 people
He needs time to get his players in here. Year one he picked up scraps that he could get like Washpun. He got Stokes and Moore who look to have good potential. The defense is solid, but the offense is absolutely horrible. A good point guard might solve a lot of problems, but the turnovers, missed free throws and players just looking lost when on offense.

My question is, does he stress defense so much the offense suffers? I don't know, but he doesn't fix it UT BB will slowly sink further into mediocrity. CCM needs another year or two to get it turned around.

Reactions: 3 people
“@BFQuinn: With UT finances back in the news, I should note men's hoops was on Forbes' list of the 20 “most valuable” cbb programs in 2011 and 2012”

“@BFQuinn: Forbes showed Tennessee hoops with a value of $12.7 million and a profit of $6.9 million in 2011-12.”

And attendance is up so far this year, I find that interesting judging the vibe and feelings of many on here.

When you average more in attendance than most have in seats we should be in the top 20.

Still impressive. I just want to see a little fire from Martin on the floor.

Reactions: 1 person
He needs time to get his players in here. Year one he picked up scraps that he could get like Washpun. He got Stokes and Moore who look to have good potential. The defense is solid, but the offense is absolutely horrible. A good point guard might solve a lot of problems, but the turnovers, missed free throws and players just looking lost when on offense.

My question is, does he stress defense so much the offense suffers? I don't know, but he doesn't fix it UT BB will slowly sink further into mediocrity. CCM needs another year or two to get it turned around.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying with the exception of getting is "own" players, it is not football. If you are a good coach you should see some results fairly quickly in basketball (hate to say it, but Pearl easily did it)...I am not saying fire him, but if he goes for a 10 and 11 loss SEC season this year and next, he is not going to get any better. Cut your loss and move on.

We love our Men's basketball program, but I think we can all agree that they are hard to watch. Poor shooting percentages, no true stars to watch, way to many fouls, way to many turnovers. it's not exactly like the teams we used to watch that put Tennessee Basketball to that level.

Great comeback, but I am offering a simple explanation here, the reason we have good attendance is because the excitement and the winning part of Pearl...for very good reason Pearl is greatly missed. Here comes "I miss the cheating, lying and blah blah blah". Without Pearl, we would be running 13 K and Martin would still have a losing record in the SEC. I hope Martin turns it around, but this basketball is just plain boring right now. It is painful to watch.

Two things:
1.) How quickly did people turn into such whiny babies after Peterson was hired? First season? 3rd? What?
2.) If you really think that Martin is going to ruin basketball for UT, you're ignorant. Peterson's first year was a losing record (Martin had a winning record) with a far more talented team than Martin inherited.

Just because YOU (and a few others) cry about being bored, you need to actual listen to the crowd when this team forced the turnovers and shot clock violations. It certainly was rocking in there Saturday. Once he gets a few players in here made to play defense and run his offense, you'll be back on here saying how much you love Martin and his play.

We love our Men's basketball program, but I think we can all agree that they are hard to watch. Poor shooting percentages, no true stars to watch, way to many fouls, way to many turnovers. it's not exactly like the teams we used to watch that put Tennessee Basketball to that level.

Just think how many more games Pearl would've won if his teams held almost every opponent 10+ points below their average. Again, this team tried to play that running game and got blown out against Ole Miss at home. They tried it a few times against Bama and turned it over. This team cannot play that style and be successful. Why can't people see that?

Two things:
1.) How quickly did people turn into such whiny babies after Peterson was hired? First season? 3rd? What?
2.) If you really think that Martin is going to ruin basketball for UT, you're ignorant. Peterson's first year was a losing record (Martin had a winning record) with a far more talented team than Martin inherited.

Just because YOU (and a few others) cry about being bored, you need to actual listen to the crowd when this team forced the turnovers and shot clock violations. It certainly was rocking in there Saturday. Once he gets a few players in here made to play defense and run his offense, you'll be back on here saying how much you love Martin and his play.

Buzz, just bring in Wade Houston while you are at it? I am making a very simple statement. The reason attendance is good is because of Pearl. Look forget being bored, all I care is about winning, but they are painfully bad. In addition as far as me singing Martin's praises, I said in my post I hope he turns it around. How long did it take Pearl to turn it around...that is right the first year he coached?

That is nice and dandy, but you know the reason that is possible is because Bruce Freaking Pearl. Don't kid yourself in to think Martin started this, he may get lucky and maintain it. Your love for Martin is kind of like blind faith...they need to go to the tournament before he is anything close to Pearl.

UT was filling up its gym and winning before Pearl ever arrived. To think that people are coming to the games because of only Pearl is not only stupid, but just plain ignorant.

UT was filling up its gym and winning before Pearl ever arrived. To think that people are coming to the games because of only Pearl is not only stupid, but just plain ignorant.

I am plain stupid, but do have a memory, because I remember going to that empty place. When UK came it was packed before Pearl, I will give you that:eek:k: All kidding aside, maybe the years Green was the coach when they had a lot of talent, it was not as exciting.

I am plain stupid, but do have a memory, because I remember going to that empty place. When UK came it was packed before Pearl, I will give you that:eek:k: All kidding aside, maybe the years Green was the coach when they had a lot of talent, it was not as exciting.

How old are you? Did you ever attend a game at Stokely?

Devoe had TBA rocking along with Green. There were very few highlights during the Houston, O'Neill and Buzz eras, but that was mainly because of the incompetence at coaching and in the AD.

Pearl is one of the greatest coaches, and could have been the greatest coach, in Tennessee history. He went to the ncaa tourny EVERY year he was here. He really screwed up bad and he got fired for it, and He probably should have been. Martin was put in a very hard spot and we should give him time. Next year will be a very big measuring stick for Martin with Maymon, golden, McRae, Hubbs, and Stokes hopefully starting,

Get on board or get the h3ll out of the way.

We should be in the Top 20 in the rankings IMO

Going into the season I thought this team would be ranked if they got some sig wins early. But with Maymon gone, and inconsistent Golden, foul troubled Stokes , no point guard whatsoever I think CCM is getting as much as he can from this team. If they can get some better perimeter shooting it would open things up much better. The upside is that McRae has emerged, Richardson is has been solid at times, and Moore has been the bright spot on this team.

You have to understand at times people on here are morons. I am including myself.

Things had gotten stagnant when Pearl arrived, and he revitalized things. He didn't start it, but he brought it back to life, that's why he gets so much credit.

I think I saw a stat yesterday that we are 6th in the nation in attendance this year. I thought we were going to lose one of our attendees the other night when trae ran over him. Glad to see the gentleman was alright.

Things had gotten stagnant when Pearl arrived, and he revitalized things. He didn't start it, but he brought it back to life, that's why he gets so much credit.

I'm not denying that the Pearl era wasn't mainly a great time for the fans and UT in general. A number of great wins and TBA was rocking a number of times. I'm just saying that UT has had a number of big games/crowds in the past before Pearl. The Wade Houston era almost destroyed the program. We had an AD who could care less about hoops. Then we finally figured out that we could win in basketball again if we commit to it. People who think this year has been a struggle forget the Houston, O'Neill and Buzz years.

]Pearl is one of the greatest coaches, and could have been the greatest coach, in Tennessee history. He went to the ncaa tourny EVERY year he was here. He really screwed up bad and he got fired for it, and He probably should have been. Martin was put in a very hard spot and we should give him time. Next year will be a very big measuring stick for Martin with Maymon, golden, McRae, Hubbs, and Stokes hopefully starting[/B],

this so much

Is really that hard to be in the top 20 in attendance when u have one of the 5 biggest places in the country? Now being up yoy is surprising but not top 20 in country.

VN Store

Back