Reactions: 3 people
Shooting slash line: 48.6/34.1/74.4

He is averaging six attempts on the free throw line per game

21.6 ppg
2.4 apg
3.4 rpg
1.4 stocks per game

Steals?

If he can cut down on turnovers. I cringe every time he has the ball.

Steals?

Stocks is blocks+steals. I like combining them to see what kind of damage one does defensively. Yeah, he's averaging around 3.7 per game.

Man if he stays one more year he would be unstoppable if he works on his ball handling and turnover issues.

I do believe that the influx in production from Jordan directly relates to him playing PG. You have an outstanding scorer in McRae and he was always heralded as such even during HS. He played a major role last year and drove everyone nuts with his poor judgement and shot selection.

This year Jordan improved his shot selection a good amount and appears to have improved his shooting ability in general.

Now, the biggest reason his ppg has went up so much is NOT because of shooting, but because of layups. Jordan having the ball in his hands so much playing PG gives him so many opportunities to find gaps in the defense and gets an easy 10 points a game from it. Jordan is a lethal slasher, just watch the highlights from the Bama game and see all the points he scores from just simply dribbling around waiting for a lane and then BOOM.

Jordan has poor ball handling ability for a PG and his floor awareness for the position in terms of hitting his teammates isn't up to snuff, but he sure can score out of it and scoring is just what the doctor ordered for this team.

Reactions: 1 person
Poor ball handling and/or vision as a pg might have something to do with him not being a pg at all.

Wasn't being a dick with my comment. Meant it as, even if he doesn't play pg in the future, this little venture will improve those aspects of his overall game. The scoring will be there.

Wasn't being a dick with my comment. Meant it as, even if he doesn't play pg in the future, this little venture will improve those aspects of his overall game. The scoring will be there.

lol np dog and I agree

If we can get any consistent production from Golden and Stokes plays the way he can, we could go on a nice little run.

Martin mentioned post game Jordan is shooting like 60% from 2 in conference play, that's very impressive. Right now if the season ended I'm not sure how he wouldn't be 1st team all-sec, who'd have thought that?

I put out this stat before the Ole Miss game. It's quite a head scratcher. UT is 1-7 during McRae's career when he scores 19 pts or more in a game. The only win was aganst Chaminade last year. UT is like 20-2 when he scores between 10-18 points per game. Something to continue to monitor.

Steals?

it's not just him, this whole team has horrible turnover problems. But Jordan is playing out of his mind, we just need someone to play up to that level with him, preferably Stokes.

Moore should never be asked to play PG solely again, so much better off the ball.

I agree, given there's a legit pg on the roster, but there's not, and doesn't appear that there will be one next year.

Of all those kids, he sees the floor best. Plus he's the least lazy passer on this terrible passing team.

I agree, given there's a legit pg on the roster, but there's not, and doesn't appear that there will be one next year.

Of all those kids, he sees the floor best. Plus he's the least lazy passer on this terrible passing team.

I'd have McRae run the point before Moore did.

And if I had to bet, we will be adding a PG for next year. That's why CCM has been evaluating a couple over these past few weeks.

If Moore can develop pg skills, I think McRae can really thrive.

I agree. Also I think if more continues to develope he may have been a steal in this class. One things for sure he can jump. And he does not care to go up and challange any shot or dunk for that matter

Tough decision, but I want Moore to accept a pass with a little space and use his strength and a couple of power dribbles to get to the paint. Afraid bringing the ball up will drain some explosiveness and possible confidence if he gets picked a few times and starts backpeddling and playing passive, a la Trae.
I would love a stokes/Moore pick and roll from the wing with everybody else on the floor standing over by the bench. Won't happen though. It makes too much sense, and Hall needs to hurry up and bring his man over to the party.

He does see the floor well, and makes good passes. The problem is his handle is too shaky to run the point. He makes good passes after taking only 2-3 dribbles, more than that and his handle gets sloppy.

VN Store

Back