Confidence builder...

zjcvols

"On a Tennessee saturday night."
Staff member
Didn't watch the game, but caught the last six minutes on radio. They were down seven and came back to win. They came through and showed they can win a close game against an SEC team.

I don't know if it's a breakthrough, but Bama is a solid team with Steele.

Solid win for the Vols. Beat Vandy Tuesday and get some momentum going.

Reactions: 2 people
Didn't watch the game, but caught the last six minutes on radio. They were down seven and came back to win. They came through and showed they can win a close game against an SEC team.

I hope so and win 6 or 7 games in a row

Reactions: 1 person

Can someone jump in and do a post game? This game deserves one.

Can someone jump in and do a post game? This game deserves one.

If you can wait six hours, I'll watch the game on ESPN3 and do one. I already know who the Bernard King player of the game is lol.

It was obvious Cuonzo's complaining influenced the calls in this game. Tennessee got beat today. Scoreboard doesn't say it, but no way anyone with basketball knowledge leaves this game with a great deal of confidence.

Much, much needed win today. Caught the last few minutes of the game. Stokes owned a Tide team weak on the inside. Hope he can do the same Tue night against Candy. They have very little of an inside game.

Funny how the Debbie Downers disappear after a win. Typical.

It was obvious Cuonzo's complaining influenced the calls in this game. Tennessee got beat today. Scoreboard doesn't say it, but no way anyone with basketball knowledge leaves this game with a great deal of confidence.

It's not like UT dominated them on the FT line. I haven't seen the game though, but looking at raw numbers it doesn't look like UT got every call.

And for a team that has really sucked in close games, to get one against a decent team like Alabama, is a confidence builder. They won a much needed game.

Or maybe UT has been getting bent over on the calls and they finally turned for once. UT has been in 4 close SEC games and won one. Bama was called for 4 more fouls than UT. Not a great discrepancy.

I thought the Bama dude leaned into Stokes on the last play to try and get a cheap foul. Jimmy Dykes went crazy, but I thought it was a good no call.

Respectfully disagree.

I'm still not confident in this team. I agree with you on that front. But we earned the win. Missed call or not at the end, we fought back in the second half and put ourselves in position to win. All the credit in the world to the team.

Much, much needed win today. Caught the last few minutes of the game. Stokes owned a Tide team weak on the inside. Hope he can do the same Tue night against Candy. They have very little of an inside game.

It's the same after every game......losses we need to fire the coach, wins we are going to win the next fifteen games to go dancing lol

Great win. You must win your conference home games.

To steal one at the end after getting beat all day is great - especially against UAT.

Winning cures a lot of ills. But the first half was chock full of some of the most painful moments of bad basketball I've ever seen from TN.

Golden hits his ft's and it doesn't come down to a questionable call

Not debbie downers, just truth tellers.

It's not like UT dominated them on the FT line. I haven't seen the game though, but looking at raw numbers it doesn't look like UT got every call.

And for a team that has really sucked in close games, to get one against a decent team like Alabama, is a confidence builder. They won a much needed game.

It wasn't about UT getting calls, its more like they didn't get called. UT didn't play any differently on D today, and Stokes, Yemi, and Hall didn't combine for 12 fouls as ususal.

Respectfully disagree.

I'm still not confident in this team. I agree with you on that front. But we earned the win. Missed call or not at the end, we fought back in the second half and put ourselves in position to win. All the credit in the world to the team.

I wasn't referring to the last "missed call". I think that was a perfect no call. Act of desperation on Bama's part for running a poor offensive set out of a T.O.

VN Store

Back