Just to add to the SEC Refs are a Joke Thought

I was 4 rows up from center court and it was ridiculous, Bama's coach was all over the place and they didn't say a word to him.

Reactions: 2 people
TN W ! Feel good about the no-call at the end, could have put the Bammer at the line for the win if they wanted to.

It is embarrassing. It has gotten so bad, at one point I seriously considered writing a letter to Slive. I know that sounds ridiculous, but it would help unload my frustrations in all of the terrible officiating that we see. I have actually officiated rec league before, and I admit that it isn't easy. But these guys don't care to be in position and care more about being seen themselves.

BTW, which one got in an assistant's face? My guess would be Joe Lindsey.

It is embarrassing. It has gotten so bad, at one point I seriously considered writing a letter to Slive. I know that sounds ridiculous, but it would help unload my frustrations in all of the terrible officiating that we see. I have actually officiated rec league before, and I admit that it isn't easy. But these guys don't care to be in position and care more about being seen themselves.

BTW, which one got in an assistant's face? My guess would be Joe Lindsey.

The white ref

Reactions: 1 person
Now I understand. Gerald Boudreaux is the SEC head of officials. Makes sense now. He was just as bad.

Now I understand. Gerald Boudreaux is the SEC head of officials. Makes sense now. He was just as bad.

Excellent observation, but no "news" here. SEC refs have been an embarassment for years. Remember when Ron Slay was given a technical for "jumping"? Good to see Vols pull out a win today.

Excellent observation, but no "news" here. SEC refs have been an embarassment for years. Remember when Ron Slay was given a technical for "jumping"? Good to see Vols pull out a win today.

Haha. Yep. I also remember Buzz getting tossed in a game at South Carolina. It may have been the single worst officiated game I have ever seen, aside from a rec league game.

Refs will usually take jawing from a head coach. Very seldom will they tolerate it from assts or a strength coach.

Nic Christopher is our strength coach. I wouldn't take up for Whoopi either, but Jon Harris is a different story. Especially when Lindsay walks the width of the court to do so.

I did that to a coach once in a basketball game.

It was 5-7 year olds and we were told to be "liberal" with calling walks. Well there was about 7 seconds left in the quarter (non stop running clocks) and a kid traveled before he even got across the half court line. Naturally, I start to blow my whistle (had taken it out for a second from coughing), and the coach of the other team (40+ year old mother) yanked the ball, on the court, from this 5 year old kid almost knocking him down, and held the ball out to her player to throw it in.

I let the clock run out, went over, let her talk to her team for a second, and after they started to go out she sat down, and I squatted to get on eye level with her and said "I'd say its never happened before in an under 7 year old league, but if you even say one word to a kid on the other team after what you just did, I will not only throw you out of this game, but I'll do everything I can to make sure you don't coach in this county on any level."

I didn't call a technical because it was my first day in that league, and to be honest, I never saw anything like it before or since.

Reactions: 1 person
Sorry, not really following you. What does that have to do with Lindsay making a point to dress down Harris by putting a finger in his face after he blew a call? And Counzo not reacting?

SEC officiating can be one other reason this league is becoming more void of really good talent in basketball. Seeing a lot talent going to other conferences (Kentucky being an exception I hate too say).

VN Store

Back